June 6-9 Golden Mountain

k5-1402

Since the June ride is only two weeks away, I figured I would go ahead and post it before the newsletter. The ride is at golden mountain park in Sparta, TN. If you have never been there, this is the location of the Dixie Run. It is not a huge park but there is something for everyone there and if a section is too extreme there is usually a bypass close. This is one of my favorite rides.
There are several hotels close by or camping is available in the park. I have contacted them and have a few sites reserved so let me know if you are planning to go.

For more information check out WWW.goldenmountainpark.com.
Hope to see y'all there.

Goin to the beach with jason in a couple of weeks and trying to get a new trail rig/dd so no funds, should make potts mt though. Hopefully in a tj rubi:cool:

I will be at Carolina Beach that weekend and the following if anyone wants to head down that way. PM me if there is any interest and I will set up a meet time & place.

Jason Swaim here from down Georgia way. I'll make the trip...first opportunity since the October ride and can't wait! I went to the first Dixie Run at Golden Mtn and it's a blast! For such a small track of land, they routed traffic extremely well.

I'll be tent camping, 2 tents if my sons come. What are the costs to camp at the park; settle up there or call and pay the park in advance? Will have the Jeep in tow, and of course, my trusty spotter Bella (my labrador retreiver) :). She can't wait to get back there as well.

I've asked off Thursday and Friday. If anyone is going up on Thursday and will be available to ride on Friday, please let me know and I'll head up Thursday. If not, we'll travel up Friday morning and be there by 1300 or so.

Looking forward to it and hope all CTB'ers are well and blessed!

v/r
Jason

A couple of us from Rock Corps are going there the same weekend. See you guys up there.

*Plan your next ride @ THE FLATS 828-442-7932 *

As far as camping goes, you just settle up with the campground when you get there. Most of the people I've spoken with won't arrive until Friday. I will get there early Friday afternoon. Glad to hear your coming Jason.

Thought I was going, think I'm going, crap, I don't know. The short weeks at work with rain & holidays, haven't helped. Just put $700 in my Truck's AC system! Took it out this evening, & it's noisy, & growling:eek:. Didn't hear that before. It is the AC compressor, so now I need to get it checked again.
Haven't even had the boat out yet, & should be in bed,but haven't been on the forum for 3-4 days!:(

Thought I was going, think I'm going, crap, I don't know. The short weeks at work with rain & holidays, haven't helped. Just put $700 in my Truck's AC system! Took it out this evening, & it's noisy, & growling:eek:. Didn't hear that before. It is the AC compressor, so now I need to get it checked again.
Haven't even had the boat out yet, & should be in bed,but haven't been on the forum for 3-4 days!:(

All the more reasons to go wheelin! I aint makin it to this one, Ill be at potts though.

Well, I Did get the Boat out, today. Spent several hours finishing cleaning the inside, & compartments, putting seats, & other accessories, back in.
Then after taking lunch & selling a $10 seat, I had on Craig's list, took a 1 hour break, then off to the Lake! Went pretty well!
On my Truck, I've been told the AC, is "pulsing". Which means there is a blockage, probably orifice tube, or the New compressor, is bad. Hope to get it back to the garage Monday morning, [looks like another Rain day] & get them to put the gauges on it, to confirm this. I'll be making a motel reservation, & hope for the best!:rolleyes:

JUST a Heads UP, Guys! Keep your eye, on the Weather! I've been watching the coming ?, & looking at Sparta weather forecast. Anyone leaving tomorrow [Thursday], bet your going to be WET, All day, & night. Friday, hopefully, the rain will move on East. Saturday should be Great! Get up early, Sunday morning, & MOVE IT, & I hope the Rain stays behind you, on your way home! Tropical Rain coming up the East Coast, & the Weather changes, all the time. Slow down, & be careful! After all my plans & un-plans, looks like I'll be rained out of work, Thursday, anyway;WTF? Well, too late now!
HAVE A SAFE & GREAT TIME!:popcorn:

Thanks Rodney. Looking like I'm going to head up tonight and stay in a hotel for the night, then go set up camp tomorrow.

Back