Just drove a new Z06 Vette...

What DA let YOU behind the wheel?

yeah i am pretty sure that the Z06's are much the same as the Viper when it comes to test driving them. you put a down payment towards the purchase of the vehicle and then you can drive it as much as you want after you start making payments :lol:

you are kinda sounding like my old roommate. he used to feed me all this bs about how the dealership would call him and tell him when they got new cars in and he would go test drive them... you know cars like 6 figure bmw's, mercedes, ferraris, and lambo's. yeah he is on like 10 diff meds and he is a pathological lier. your name isnt matt is it? :flipoff2:

just wait until the new viper comes out and you will be saying holysh!t that Z06 was slow

I drove a coupe at the dealership the other day with the paddle shifters. 400hp is fun! I about broke the sales guy's neck the first time I got on it! The next three times I warned him. LOL....zero to 60 in 4 seconds on Bridford Parkway....

:beer:

CEOs ride... he'd been parked at Charlotte all week and the construction dust had settled. He needed it washed and filled up, before picking up a high-roller this afternoon.

He said I was the only one here (out of 100+ folks) he trusted to drive the stick... guess he's figures all the PhDs weren't smart enough! :flipoff2:

It was a fun little jaunt... watching the faces of "da homies" at Magnum was priceless! Didn't figure out the little meter in the bottom of the heads up display was the "G" meter until *after* a few "handling exercises".

So, who's gonna be the first big spender to drop an LS7 in their heap! :burnout:

yeah i am pretty sure that the Z06's are much the same as the Viper when it comes to test driving them. you put a down payment towards the purchase of the vehicle and then you can drive it as much as you want after you start making payments :lol:

you are kinda sounding like my old roommate. he used to feed me all this bs about how the dealership would call him and tell him when they got new cars in and he would go test drive them... you know cars like 6 figure bmw's, mercedes, ferraris, and lambo's. yeah he is on like 10 diff meds and he is a pathological lier. your name isnt matt is it?

Seems they reserve test drives for folks with pubic hair... Give it a try once your sportin'! :lol: :flipoff2:

Seems they reserve test drives for folks with pubic hair... Give it a try once your sportin'! :lol: :flipoff2:

haha. you got me. my buddy's 03 cobra is faster than the new Z06's. he runs a 10.5 in the quarter mile :driver: i believe the Z06's are only 11.7slow.

i think what i am tryin to say is Chevy sucks, Ford rules. :flipoff2:

:lol:

The new Z06 is the hottness. Sexy and fast. Sure you could build a faster car but this one will deliver the mail. it was high on my priority list.......

haha. you got me. my buddy's 03 cobra is faster than the new Z06's. he runs a 10.5 in the quarter mile i believe the Z06's are only 11.7slow.
A few points here...
Your buddy's stock 03 Cobra does not.
I run a 17.0 1/4 in my 5200lb jeep on 35's w/an I6.
My roommates Camaro has 670rwhp, and he's never taken it to the track.

My point here is that everybody knows somebody who can do better, some people don't drive their cars like they should, and even if your car is faster, it still doesn't matter.

FYI, it's 11.4 on the new Z06, and its 1238 times better looking than an 03 Cobra.

haha i didnt say anything about my buddy's cobra being stock. it has a ported and polished blower on it. after market catback, cold air intake, chip, headers, x pipe, a little bit of wait reduction and thats about it. and he has a set of drag radials for the track. i think when he got it dynoed it was 580 rwhp.

where have you seen the new Z06 run an 11.4?

i love bring up this argument. why bother spending $80K on a Z06 when you can build a cobra for $30K, wax the Z06 and still have enough money left over to go buy a brand new 2008 super duty with the new 6.4 sick nasty power stroke in it for a tow rig

oops my bad, just talked to my buddy and he ran a 10.78@132 mph and he is putting around 580 rwhp. i thought 480 rwhp looked wrong after i said that

why bother spending $80K on a Z06 when you can build a cobra for $30K, wax the Z06 and still have enough money left over to go buy a brand new 2008 super duty with the new 6.4 sick nasty power stroke in it for a tow rig

How about -
because you are the CEO of a booming tech/drug company and have 80k to blow, and in your shoes having good show just helps net in more $$.
I think most/all of us here would agree that building your own fatty ride is the real deal, but for some folks that's jsut not what they want to do with their time.

It was a fun little jaunt... watching the faces of "da homies" at Magnum was priceless! Didn't figure out the little meter in the bottom of the heads up display was the "G" meter until *after* a few "handling exercises".
So, who's gonna be the first big spender to drop an LS7 in their heap! :burnout:

Let's see, you work downtown, isn't Magnum is on jonestown at 421... ?
I like how you go to a place 13 miles away.

I would have gone to a place in Greensboro, lol.

How about -
because you are the CEO of a booming tech/drug company and have 80k to blow, and in your shoes having good show just helps net in more $$.
I think most/all of us here would agree that building your own fatty ride is the real deal, but for some folks that's jsut not what they want to do with their time.

I guess I shouldn't mention the full tilt competition BMW M3 he built to autocross? :bounce:

CEOs ride... he'd been parked at Charlotte all week and the construction dust had settled. He needed it washed and filled up, before picking up a high-roller this afternoon.

He said I was the only one here (out of 100+ folks) he trusted to drive the stick... guess he's figures all the PhDs weren't smart enough! :flipoff2:

Bwahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!1 Caver's the bosses lil beyotch! Mind if I drop the Heep off for a detail next week? Oh yeah, we need some coffee in the board room.

I love how in this post someone with a mustang jumps in to say how fast there "Buddies" car is!

Fact is, that Stang ain't run'n a 10 sec. quarter on 93 octane, stock fuel system, or with out a rollcage.

10 sec. cars are drag cars only!

Bwahahahahahhaha!!!!!!!1 Caver's the bosses lil beyotch! Mind if I drop the Heep off for a detail next week? Oh yeah, we need some coffee in the board room.

Beats pulling paper jams outta the some ugly wench's printer or explaining to add the domain name to credentials for 25th time (this week) :flipoff2:

haha. you got me. my buddy's 03 cobra is faster than the new Z06's. he runs a 10.5 in the quarter mile :driver: i believe the Z06's are only 11.7slow.
i think what i am tryin to say is Chevy sucks, Ford rules. :flipoff2:
:lol:
And I can tell ya it's not a stock cobra either at that rate. Been there done that. A buddy of mine has one running in that ball park on an 03. It's kinda sad when our friend has an automatic all wheel drive 91 model eagle talon that's running 9 and some change in the 1/4 with considerably less HP :flipoff2:

I love how in this post someone with a mustang jumps in to say how fast there "Buddies" car is!
Fact is, that Stang ain't run'n a 10 sec. quarter on 93 octane, stock fuel system, or with out a rollcage.
10 sec. cars are drag cars only!

I'll debate that one a little. The guy I know running the 03 now as mentioned above drives his everyday. It was bought from an SVT tech and even with the upgrades he's still running pump gas. As far as drag car well last time out at the track we got told no more bringing the car back unless it had a cage in it

why bother spending $80K on a Z06 when you can build a cobra for $30K, wax the Z06 and still have enough money left over to go buy a brand new 2008 super duty with the new 6.4 sick nasty power stroke in it for a tow rig

yeah...but then you're stuck with TWO Fords at the house...:lol: :lol:

Greg

Back