just gettin peoples opinion...

I've met a hundred great folks on this site.
Like I've said before, it's kinda like hanging out by the campfire with you guys..at home.
I am a pirate member, but only post up when there is a giveaway!:rolleyes:

For tech, there is no question that Pirate has the upper hand.

I post at this site more than any other one because of the people and the classifieds, but there is also some good tech and nice builds to be seen here.

Apples and oranges.

This site is my homepage. I usually hang out with the ncttora crowd and perfer that group because we are fairly small. I like how nc4x4 gets along. Not much flaming goes on that is not asked for. I very rarely post up on pirate, but am on there alot for tech. I hate how the pirate mentality is if your not on 40s, linked tons and 50000000 horsepower, you aint crap. This place is more down to earth.

Like a couple people have said, cant really compare the two.

Pirate has infinite personalities, tons of tech, and even if you made it a full time job, I dont think you could ever read every post. Not to mention no matter what you are looking for it is usually available for sale there somewhere.

All that said, this board is more like friends and family. I generally just hit new post an try to read em all. When something is for sale here I know it is within driving distance. But dont mistake what I am saying there is a ton of tech here, and some of the most talented people anywhere.

We have our share of smart asses (Ive been accused of it myself) but generally things are more personable, more real, an more friendly here.

I wouldnt want to do without either though....

grannieswithtrannies.com

oh...wait...that wasnt one of the choices was it!

...forget I said that!:rolleyes:

(Okay...how many people tried to click on that link! LOL!:lol:)

Just looking at the link, I suspect that would be garage worthy, and the kind of thing that even in the garage nobody would want to click, could be other options, but I wouldn't want to risk it.

Pirate sucks ass.
Biggest bunch of pussies in the world.
NC4x4 rocks.
:fuck-you:

Yep. Perverted old chicks are where its at.

You damn right!
On nc4x4 you can ask a dumb question,get flamed for asking,yet get a real answer.
Just my opinion.

a good question is "is there a forum like pirate that caters to the east coast like they do"

Okay, I'll bite.

I understand the sentiment and I agree. But let's get specific: what sorts of things would you guys like to see? As other people have mentioned, PBB is the 900# gorilla. There's a lot of stuff they do on a regular basis that we can't afford to do at all.

But at least we can start by figuring out what the priorities should be.

The name says it all "NC4X4"!!! Also thanks to "Badass"!!! He got me hooked!!!

I can't even remember the last time I went to pirate. I used to check it daily.
Now I'm on NC4X4 several times a day.

They are two totally different sites with a totally different emphasis targeting totally different wheeling. NC4x4 (and the people on it) are more geared towards NC (East Coast) wheeling where there is a mixture of mud and rocks. Pirate is more geared toward wheeling on rock formations where EVERTHING is rock.

My personal preference is NC4x4, though.

Check both daily. Pbb is def not for everyone.

I actually visit Pirate very seldom. I believe the regional nature of NC is just more useful. Pirate has some very good tech (Billavista). But for sure, the local swap meet section. The local Upcoming events section. The local club forums. All best serve our area.

Nothing has really stood out to me as "something missing" from NC or "something else we really need"!

I think you guys do a pretty good job here!

I agree.

I'm on this site at all hours just hoping someone has updated something for me to read. More than once have I been one of 3 members with 10 guests... Maybe I need to get a life?

Back