Just in case you put any faith in online reviews...

jeepinmatt

..l.
I replaced the alternator in the wife's van about 2 weeks ago. Oreilly sent me an email to leave a review about it, so I did. I gave it 3 stars and kept it factual:
Screenshot_20220815-210107_Gmail.jpg

Apparently that doesn't "meet their guidelines"
Screenshot_20220815-210056_Gmail.jpg

But don't worry, they "value my contribution" :rolleyes:

What is the point of the review if they will only accept favorable reviews?
Bingo. I'm not surprised by this, just disappointed. I expect and have experienced this kind of crap from Amazon sellers manipulating bad reviews with free product, but I foolishly hoped Oreilly would be better.

I left a scathing but true review about an Amazon product that I bought a few weeks ago. The seller sent me a message asking for me to remove it and that they were a family business and that a bad batch can happen with anything, plus they would give me a $10 gift cert if I would do it. SO I gave them the benefit of the doubt and removed it. A day went by and I didnt receive an email or GC so I sent her a reply that it's going back up and wont be removed again. Shortly I got her response that she had missed my reply and sent me the GC lol

I left a scathing but true review about an Amazon product that I bought a few weeks ago. The seller sent me a message asking for me to remove it and that they were a family business and that a bad batch can happen with anything, plus they would give me a $10 gift cert if I would do it. SO I gave them the benefit of the doubt and removed it. A day went by and I didnt receive an email or GC so I sent her a reply that it's going back up and wont be removed again. Shortly I got her response that she had missed my reply and sent me the GC lol
But if it were really just a batch issue, they would have sent you a good product. Instead they just paid you hush money. I've seen that multiple times on Amazon, so now I just refuse to remove the bad review because others should know its a shit product.

sounds like the hvac guy that fucked up my system and admitted fault in text messages and offered me 100 dollars if I don't post a bad review about him. He wouldn't give me my money back when I paid him about 750 bucks, and he caused about 5k in damage.

I replaced the alternator in the wife's van about 2 weeks ago. Oreilly sent me an email to leave a review about it, so I did. I gave it 3 stars and kept it factual:
View attachment 378681

Apparently that doesn't "meet their guidelines"
View attachment 378682

But don't worry, they "value my contribution" :rolleyes:
Honestly it was probably the “cheapest Chinese crap” part that triggered the filters. It’s all automated usually.

This reminded me to go through and check my worded Google reviews of business interactions from years ago. Most of the bad ones have been shadowbanned or deleted.

Honestly it was probably the “cheapest Chinese crap” part that triggered the filters. It’s all automated usually.
I figure the same, but I wasn't even calling their product "cheap chinese crap". Of course we all know it is, but I was at least trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I left a review one time for a product that had the word "shit" on it. Specifically, a Shooter McGavin golf towel. Annnnnyway, I left an honest well thought out review. I got the same generic response and included my use of language didn't fit their guidelines. You sell a golf towel with the word shit on it and you don't like my language. GFY.

Back