K5 rebuild

336wheeler

I did this over the summer but just now got around to uploading the pictures onto my computer:shaking: ... Anyways, this is the K5 before the rebuild: 6" RC springs in the front, stock springs in the back with an AAL and block, on 36" IROKs, and stock 10 bolts:
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_2312.jpg

After wheeling like this for about a year and having a catastrophic break on Daniel, I definitely wanted to swap to one tons. I went with a D60/14B w/discs and 4.10s, went with a WFO crossover kit, swapped to 56" springs in the back, did a shackle flip, and went with some 38.5 xterrains that I got for a really good deal on some H2s. Here is how it sits now:
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_0216.jpg

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_0219.jpg

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_0220.jpg

I know it's not overflowing with tech or anything, just figured that some might wanna check out how the K5 looks now. Those who have seen my other build thread on the YJ may wonder why there are two rigs; I built the K5 for my dad. It flexes really well now.

Looks great man! It almost looks like boot prints on the front bumper, lol. I had to look twice. :D

Looks great man! It almost looks like boot prints on the front bumper, lol. I had to look twice. :D

I think that is boot prints..

Kickass ride bud!

I think that is boot prints..

Kickass ride bud!

Thanks guys. It's actually a Grenade stencil, although if I could have painted boot prints on there it might be cool too haha.

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_01_24_09_1353.jpg

New wheels. Black 17s. More my style than the H2s... still on the 38.5 xterrains.

Newest addition to the K5:
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler__1_6.jpg

Along with a lot of sheetmetal coming off the front. It's already been cut but I don't have pictures yet. I'll have some pictures of it after this weekend.

Very nice, same color as my K5. I've got 38.5" TSL's on 10-bolts right now, but I'm looking/saving up for some beefier axles. Mine is just a daily driver/weekend-mud truck though, so hopefully I won't break anything anytime soon. Looking to turn my 78 K10 into more of a trail truck.

Keep us updated.

Will do. I would strongly advise not wheeling very hard on anything above a 35" tire. The 10 bolts are pretty fragile, as I have learned.

Will do. I would strongly advise not wheeling very hard on anything above a 35" tire. The 10 bolts are pretty fragile, as I have learned.

Yea, I plan to be very easy on it while I'm rolling on the 10-bolts. It's really more of a fun/cool daily driver than anything. Ready for some top-off cruising this summer.

Oops!
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_brokend_shaft.jpg

Because of the inverted shackle that happened here:
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_0741.jpg

ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_0740.jpg

Got the new driveshaft back in it within a couple hours, kept wheeling.

And at the end of the day:
ai212.photobucket.com_albums_cc116_336wheeler_IMG_0745.jpg

I miss this K5. That’s all :)

Bumping 14 year old thread

Back