Kaufman Trailers (anybody on here work for them?)

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
Wondering if anyone on the board works for them?
If so.....what capacity?

Even better specifically the Lexington manufacturing plant?

If it's not appropriate for public pm me please.

I'm betting he's looking for a different job. Judging by the complaints I've read from @WARRIORWELDING about the engineers at his current job, Kaufman would be a great place to work. I've owned 3 of their trailers and they have clearly never engineered a damn thing.

I've owned 3 of their trailers and they have clearly never engineered a damn thing.

I'm no engineer, but it seems like the trailer industry is WAY behind on this. Pretty much all but Dimond C (they have an "engineered beam" gooseneck that's pretty cool) just build the same old structural steel crap. I would love to see what would come of some real r&d in the trailer world. Maybe it would just cost so much it wouldn't sell.
There are a few small boutique companies that build some cool trailers, but even they are not engineered great. The best enclosed trailer design I've seen came from M&S Fabrication out of California. They build a HUGE aluminum enclosed trailer and are the only ones I've ever seen put a triangle in the structure for the walls. Most companies relay way too much on the sheeting to tie it together.

I'm no engineer, but it seems like the trailer industry is WAY behind on this. Pretty much all but Dimond C (they have an "engineered beam" gooseneck that's pretty cool) just build the same old structural steel crap. I would love to see what would come of some real r&d in the trailer world. Maybe it would just cost so much it wouldn't sell.
There are a few small boutique companies that build some cool trailers, but even they are not engineered great. The best enclosed trailer design I've seen came from M&S Fabrication out of California. They build a HUGE aluminum enclosed trailer and are the only ones I've ever seen put a triangle in the structure for the walls. Most companies relay way too much on the sheeting to tie it together.
I agree on this 100% and when I was shopping for a dump trailer diamond c was way above the pack. Granted that came with a 3k more price tag.

I agree on this 100% and when I was shopping for a dump trailer diamond c was way above the pack. Granted that came with a 3k more price tag.
Yep, when I was looking at new tilt trailers, the Diamond C was $6700, and the Kaufman was $4500. I could easily see how the Diamond C was $2200 better, but it was not worth $2200 more for me. I ended up buying a Kaufman with a few tweaks.

I've noticed that pretty much all trailer manufacturers just build the same stuff.

And you wonder why engineers can't get decent pay :stirthepot::gtfo:
I mean, a $2500 trailer for $5000 or a $3000 trailer for $7000. Which way to go? :rolleyes: :(

@jeepinmatt we have discussed this...

I'm betting he's looking for a different job. Judging by the complaints I've read from @WARRIORWELDING about the engineers at his current job, Kaufman would be a great place to work. I've owned 3 of their trailers and they have clearly never engineered a damn thing.
It's much deeper than just "engineers". They have a revolving door culture that leaves us maintaining, repairing, and mostly training folks over and over. The latter of the three being entirely out of my job description but very necessary to keep the product hitting the door. I'm upon a mentality that is neither rewarding or caring. Means it's time for something to change.

It's much deeper than just "engineers". They have a revolving door culture that leaves us maintaining, repairing, and mostly training folks over and over. The latter of the three being entirely out of my job description but very necessary to keep the product hitting the door. I'm upon a mentality that is neither rewarding or caring. Means it's time for something to change.
I know exactly how you feel. Do it once, do it right, and then keep it that way.

Yep, when I was looking at new tilt trailers, the Diamond C was $6700, and the Kaufman was $4500. I could easily see how the Diamond C was $2200 better, but it was not worth $2200 more for me. I ended up buying a Kaufman with a few tweaks.
and this exactly why there is no engineering evolution in the world of trailers.

Engineers don't work for free, which is all that people are willing to pay.

I know exactly how you feel. Do it once, do it right, and then keep it that way.
and yet you're not willing to pay the cost of somebody having this same philosophy :D

and yet you're not willing to pay the cost of somebody having this same philosophy :D
Aktchually I bought the new Kaufman because I had already repaired their shortcomings on the first and second generation versions of the same trailer. The third generation had been trial and errored around to the way it should have been to begin with.

Part of the problem is most people that drag their trailers around solely look at price. They don't care about the quality. They'll beat the hell out of it and get a new one. The market sorta dictates what they build, I feel.

Now with what @WARRIORWELDING said, I know why the equalizer bolts didn't have nuts on them when I picked up my trailer. If I had to guess, they probably don't pay that great and can't attract decent help or give them incentive to stick around. I could be wrong though.

@Croatan_Kid

Which comment? I know nothing about Kaufman practises in build, engineering, or manufacturing process. My comment was about a totally different and unrelated company.

I drove down to check out the facility in Lexington area......dang what a hill full of trailers!

My only personal experience with that brand is completely replacing a gooseneck frame for the tounge. Did it in my driveway with an engine drive before I built a shop. A very heavy load and a goober in a skid steer trying to maneuver it with the bucket trashed it. 2 weeks old!

Screenshot_2021-06-05-09-14-02.pngScreenshot_2021-06-05-09-14-16.pngScreenshot_2021-06-05-09-13-44.png

Check out Vimetal Trailers for something different and purpose built. They are actually reasonably priced for what ya get.

Oh great, another trailer company to drool over! lol. I love this style of "box deckover". I've been following Yiro and M&S for years. They are pretty expensive, but make a great product. You get alot for the money.

Back