Kdp

Good writeup. Matches the writeup I've got, except for the notching of the fan shroud. You can make the tab, and buy the seal from the dealer for less than getting the TST kit though.

The simple and easy way to fix the problem is with a jig moving from person to person on the TDR Register for Dodge owners. All you remove is the belt and the fan, place the jig, drill and tap, insert the bolt that blocks the pin in place, and reinstall fan and belt. Took me about an hour, eight years ago.

Excellent write-up!

LARRY SMITH said:
The simple and easy way to fix the problem is with a jig moving from person to person on the TDR Register for Dodge owners. All you remove is the belt and the fan, place the jig, drill and tap, insert the bolt that blocks the pin in place, and reinstall fan and belt. Took me about an hour, eight years ago.
What I don't like about the jig method is that you have no idea if its already fallen out nor can you set it back in if its moved. Also, you can't get to the timing case bolts that some folks find loose. I did on my buddies '96.

Back