Keeping the dangly bits dry

kaiser715

Doing hard time
AKA, more than one way to skin a cat...

AKA, the more holes you cut in a new motorhome, the easier it becomes to cut more...

We bought a new 2015 Winnebago back in November. One of the ASAP projects was to replace the toilet with a full-size model, because, ahem...I don't like my junk hanging in the water. Stock toilet was tiny, at best.

Anyway, ordered a Dometic 321 -- residential elongated bowl. I thought about, but didn't fully verify the flange setback...yep, old rough-in was 10", the new one required 11". But, I actually only needed 5/8" additional space. Framing in that wall is 3/4" thick (1x2's laid flat), so I cut out an 8"x11" hole where the back of the toilet would hit, and then glued that cut-out panel to the back side of the other wall, and trimmed out with a frame made from Aztek corner molding and caulked the seam. Nothing connects in the recessed area, it just makes room.

Anyway, new toilet installed, and if you didn't know better, you'd think it came that way from the factory.

BTW, white hose is the hand sprayer, aka skid remover.

asanlee.smugmug.com_Toys_2015_Winnebago_Brave_Toilet_upgrade_i_nMKSDKT_0_L_20160330_205227_L.jpg

asanlee.smugmug.com_Toys_2015_Winnebago_Brave_Toilet_upgrade_i_nncZpZg_0_L_20160330_205218_L.jpg

Back