KENDA KLEVERS

JSJJ388

GREEN GREMLIN
Im looking at getting new tires for my ZJ since I am getting it back on the road and the KOs that are on it were made in 08. I havent had any issues yet, buy they are cracking and I can tell they are wearing out quick. I want to step up to a 33x12.50 in a mud grip.

Im open to suggestions on a good all around mud tire. I dont care about road noise or a rough ride, just need something that is decent in snow and wont make me look like an idiot on the trail (I do enough of that without tires helping). Ive been looking at Kenda Klever MTs and like them. My dad has a set on his Silverado and they seem to do great. The biggest negative I hear about them is tread life. I dont drive the jeep but a few thousand miles per year, so I dont think that will be a huge issue.

Anyone running these and have feedback? Anyone have any suggestions for a budget tire that would fit the bill?

I had a friend on these last year in Harlan. I was impressed with how well they did up there. I'd be interested in first hand experience of how they last.

Also, is anyone running balance beads in 33s?

Seems another contender may be the Nexen Roadian MTX.

My go to lady can get the Klevers for $150 each and the Roadian for $190 each.

On a side note we put Falken AT3W tires on the MJ and I was impressed how well it did this summer in Harlan.

On a side note we put Falken AT3W tires on the MJ and I was impressed how well it did this summer in Harlan.

Good info to know.

Just for yalls entertainment, I sent my wife the price I got on the Kendas. I havent had to buy jeep tires since weve been married. She shat a brick, so then I sent her the price for a set of stickies and told her I was being cheap. Worked like a charm lol.

We run the Kendas on several of the dodge 1500 pickups we have at work. Highway and gravel roads mostly. They definitely hook up in the dirt and seem to clean out fairly well. I will say they start to wear down a bit and they will make you go deaf from roaring. And if they get the slightest bit of uneven wear or chop they will go to Shit quick. For a cheap MT I’d buy em though. We are NOT gentle on tires out on the range trucks and they hold up as good as the high dollar MT on other vehicles out there.

Back