Kid cell phone options…

I was in Best Buy today looking at plans and they didn’t even want to sell me T Mobile, said it was not good. Coverage wasn’t great and Verizon and ATT had better prices for better coverage.

Tmobile coverage is pretty dang good. Sure, theres dead spots but id wager its as good or better than verizon.

Screenshot_20230623-092832.png

Screenshot_20230623-092817.png

That Verizon map lies. Their coverage in Rockingham County sucks! I had almost no signal at my place in Wentworth near NC14 and Jim Smith had equally miserable coverage from his place between NC65 and NC87. I ran them for my first year and a half up here. Switching to T-Mobile a year and a half ago and I have much better coverage now. It works in my house and around the yard and I get the same at Jimmy's place. I also had coverage at The Pines this year (it was 2-3 bars but usable) and those on Verizon had no coverage.

I have almost no signal on my Verizon phones at my place, the coverage map shows I should, but it also shows I'm in a no coverage area for T-Mobile.

I should come on by sometime and see if I have signal.

That's the FCC's map.
FCC's map also shows that most of our county and the ones around us have fiber to the home. There are only 4-5 neighborhoods with it.

That's the FCC's map.
And we all know how good anything the FCC touches is.

This coming from an amateur radio volunteer examiner who spent 3 hours trying to get into his account on the FCC website. They "upgraded" the system and now you have to create a new account to manage your license. Your old account is gone. I think the Obamacare website works better.

That's the FCC's map.
It also dosn't (can't) account for the fact your phone may not have all the current bands in it's radio matching the provider. A lot of people bitch about the carrier when the problem is what's in their hand.

And we all know how good anything the FCC touches is.

This coming from an amateur radio volunteer examiner who spent 3 hours trying to get into his account on the FCC website. They "upgraded" the system and now you have to create a new account to manage your license. Your old account is gone. I think the Obamacare website works better.

Yea, after the site was down for what, a week?

It also dosn't (can't) account for the fact your phone may not have all the current bands in it's radio matching the provider. A lot of people bitch about the carrier when the problem is what's in their hand.
Get out of here with that shit. Can't you see we're trying to get validation that we picked the correct cell phone company?

Yea, after the site was down for what, a week?
They have instructions, y'all. Sign up for a new account, associate your FRN, bada bing bada boom.

I could care less which carrier I have as long as the phone works when I want it to and I have data when I need it at the speed I am paying for.

They have instructions, y'all. Sign up for a new account, associate your FRN, bada bing bada boom.
Why would one that has had an account for years and has a FRN be required to sign up for a new account? Nor does the website tell you that you need to recreate your account?

That's a BS defense of them. It was not clear anywhere that you needed to recreate your EXISTING account because their website developers don't know how to talk to the database developers.

We didn't have to do it here when you upgraded the software.

When in doubt, read the instructions:

1687605699317.png

1687605739903.png

Why would one that has had an account for years and has a FRN be required to sign up for a new account? Nor does the website tell you that you need to recreate your account?

Kind of like when NC4x4 required everyone to create a new account years ago? It’s not always as easy as it seems.

Kind of like when NC4x4 required everyone to create a new account years ago? It’s not always as easy as it seems.
The difference is we LIKE NC4x4 and we don't like the gub'ment. It's no fun complaining about things we like....

I haven't even tried to log in. Just laughing at the site being down for so long.

Back