Kingpin Dodge Dana 60 question.

IronManAndy

Hey guys, I havent built my own axles and years and I finally have Ironman to a point where I can just build my own rigs again (the reason I started Ironman 15 years ago lol) Anyway. I have a an 80s model dodge kingpin dana 60 pass drop that I am putting in my YJ and am wanting to do the 8 lug rotors with my dodge hubs and chevy single piston calipers. I have a good source for really cool rotors and pads but have no idea what year model vehicle for them to reference. I have already ordered the brackets from lugnut4x4 like I did for my ford dana 60 but the hubs are different. Can anyone shoot me in the right direction for part numbers or vehicles etc for this swap. I like the smaller lighter weight of the brakes and I already have them on my dana 44 but they are 6 lug and wore the hell out.

Thanks for any help
- Andy

If the 3/4 ton calipers arent right then try monte carlo calipers. A lot of the kits use them for the standard 3/4 ton brake swap.

I bought the full brake kit from Lugnut when I did my dodge kingpin 60. It comes with JB6 or JB7 calipers. These come from late 70s to mid 80s GM 3/4 ton trucks. You should be safe to order rotors, calipers and pads from a 3/4 ton truck in this general time period.

Thanks for all the help guys Im gonna chase this all down. I found a set of the chevy rotors I had stashed and they do not fit the hubs without machining. The flange on the dodge hub is much bigger than the ford or chevy. Only reason for using the dodge hub is I dont want to buy new hubs if I can avoid it.

Andy

Are they external lockout hubs? If so, yes, they're huge. Last set I messed with got turned to 4.600" diameter like a GM hub.

Mine were external locking hubs and I didn't have any problem fitting the GM rotors. Maybe this is a dumb question, but are you trying to slip the rotors onto the hub from the outside? If I remember correctly, the rotors get installed on the inside of the hub, and then you press the studs in from the inside to hold the rotor and hub together.

Back