Krispy Kreme discontinued crullers?!?

trailhugger

Human Resources
Administrator
Boss went by the Krispy Kreme here in Raleigh this morning... ordered 6 original glazed and 6 cinnamon buns... she told him they discontinued the cinnamon buns. Then he asked for 6 crullers instead and she told him they discontinued those, too!

I'm pretty sure it isn't true... any cruller or cinnamon bun sightings? :lol:

I was a weirdo and loooooooooved the maple cream doughnuts they had going back to about 5 years ago. I could see those being discontinued because I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that ever ate them...but pastry staples like crullers and cinnamon buns...blasphemy.

WHAT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I think there are maybe old fashioned, or a similar kind of donut,sour cream maybe? just not the cruller shape. Maybe. I hope. Oh lord no. WHYYYYYYYY.

LOL, got an email back from "Krispy Kreme Customer Experience" that says that all stores carries 7 'standard' varieties and then each store gets to pick 5 varieties from a list of 20 other varieties... so basically saying this one store quit carrying the crullers and cinnamon buns because of lack of interest and lack of space.

I don't dig on the chocolate glazed or creme filled ones... too much sugar.

They're all still listed on the website. Those are some of my favorites... plus the blueberry and the sour cream.

Yeah, they aren't "discontinued." There are 27 varieties listed on the website (I counted :lol: ), so it's just a bummer... I really like the crullers better than the originals unless they're "HOT NOW."

We ended up with blueberry cake, instead, also good...

What do they mean "lack of interest"? Lack of interest might have something to do w/the fact that the last couple of times I've been there, they only had 3-4 varieties to pick from in the first place. Ended up with a couple of chocolate coated a box of glazed.

Maybe they should quit fawking around with the stupid ice cream stuff and make sure they're taking care of the *doughnuts*.

:lol: Pretty much... they just renovated maybe 2 years ago and the doughnut display area is no bigger, if not actually smaller, because of the coffee drink/ice cream area.

Is this a private conversation? It's nice living in W-S where it all began! Belinda's father retired from KK, He designed and built the machines that made the donuts.

:lol:

That's cool... Man, W-S is the place stuff happens... KK, Texas Pete... Your Hot Dog Guy... ;)

Is this a private conversation? It's nice living in W-S where it all began! Belinda's father retired from KK, He designed and built the machines that made the donuts.
I miss the old KK on Stratford Rd. I remember going early Saturday mornings and getting boxes for fundraising when I was in scouts. Dangit now my fatman senses are tingling.

Don't understand.......KK is still on Stratford rd. in the exact location it has always been! Uhh...a friend of mine is there all of the time.........yeah that's it!

The Vender that was at the Jamboree last weekend, deep fries a cheeseburger in a KK doughnut! The deep fried Oreo cookies was fantastic I heard!

Don't understand.......KK is still on Stratford rd. in the exact location it has always been! Uhh...a friend of mine is there all of the time.........yeah that's it!

The OLD building. Same place. Bricks,....I can NOT find a picture of the old building. Big crazy roof. Green shingles.

I never realized Krispy Kreme had so many different varieties. I can't remember the last time I've been in one, probably 5 years or more.

:lol:

... Man, W-S is the place stuff happens... KK, Texas Pete... Your Hot Dog Guy... ;)

Hanes, Sarah Lee, RJR... you know, all the good things in life.

I was just at the one in Salisbury last night and they still had Kruellers and Cinnamon Buns. Don't know if they are just dumping old stock or what.

There's only one donut in the world better than Krispy Kreme, but they're different enough that it's really more like 1A and 1B. Duck Donuts at the outer banks.

Dang it, now I want donuts.

Can you believe that the closest one to Concord is up in Salisbury?!!

Then again, I have heard their franchise cost are out of sight. Iffin' I had the capitol, I would put one near Concord Mills and die rich. All the UNCC kids, bar hoppers, speedway, lone wolf lodge, and the number one tourist destination in NC, all within a few square miles. You would have to buy an amoured car to haul the money off.

need a silent partner??? On second thought it wouldn't work. I'd eat the profits!

Can you believe that the closest one to Concord is up in Salisbury?!!

Then again, I have heard their franchise cost are out of sight. Iffin' I had the capitol, I would put one near Concord Mills and die rich. All the UNCC kids, bar hoppers, speedway, lone wolf lodge, and the number one tourist destination in NC, all within a few square miles. You would have to buy an amoured car to haul the money off.

Yeah I think a Krispy Kreme or a Chick-fil-a in a good location is a license to print money.

Yup. How about a half and half store. Chick-fil-a and KK! Like those half KFC half Taco Bell deals only bigger. Wow!

Back