Lap of love

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
This isn't the garage, so it's not likely what you're thinking......This is abut a service for aging pets that really helps you take care of your pet and end their suffering. I highly recommend it.

When my wife first started working from home, she wanted SOME sort of pet. We had both had dogs in the past, but I hadn't had one in a few years, and neither had she. She WANTED a Pomeranian. She had one in the past, and my mother had 2 when I was growing up. So we both had experience with them. So we set out to look at a few. We went to a couple of highly recommended breeders and never really fell in love with any of them. But the last breeder we went to visit had 2 small Imperial shih tzu puppies from their personal pets. One of which kept coming up to my wife.
They weren't an option. But we had arrived on my motorcycle and I remember leaving the first time, and this one little pup kept trying to leave with us.

On our second visit my wife talked them out of her and we took her home. That was in 2007.

She was a cat. She never played...she never acted like a dog. She simply sat in my wife's lap during the day and slept, and then followed her around like a shadow when she walked.

In the last 2 years she lost her eye sight AND her hearing, but her nose allowed her to follow my wife around the house.

Last week she started having episodes of what seemed like seizures. So after 17 years it was time.

My wife didn't want to take her to the vet and just drop her off. She found Lap of Love and made an appointment for in-home care. This lady was freaking AWESOME. She allowed my wife to hold puff as she gave her a sedative and anesthesia. Puff started snoring like she was getting GOOD sleep. She held her for another 15 minutes or so, then she administered the meds. Puff drifted off very shortly thereafter.

I've been married to my wife now for 17 years and I've seen her cry twice. This was the 3rd time.
When the lady said "Her heart has stopped" We BOTH lost our shit. Me, mainly because of my wife.

Yesterday was horrible. But this lady made everything as peaceful and easy as it COULD be. When it was over she brought in a basket with a dog pillow, and a blanket. Laid her in there and covered her up, leaving her head exposed, just like she was sleeping and took her away. (she will be cremated and returned to us) but not before making a little paw print plaque of her front paw.

She never DID get over 5 pounds and was my wife's little shadow.

RIP Princess Puff

IMG_20140419_083239_043.jpg

Dammit man. Sorry.
People suck dogs are awesome.
Sorry for y'all but thankful that there is such an amazing sounding service there

This isn't the garage, so it's not likely what you're thinking......
To quote my boy @orange150
I would have put money on your comment being a joke about play in my rear end.........I'm satisfied and disappointed at the same time

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are better than people. Glad to hear Princess Puff had some peace in the end.

I'm sorry for your loss but glad you had a way to say goodbye that was also peaceful.

Sorry for your loss, I'm glad you were able to say goodbye in your own way @ home.

Dogs make life that little bit better & tough to say goodbye...damn onions.

Tough stuff. Sorry to hear.

Used Lap of Love twice now. Great alternative so you can have the hole dug already and don't have to be seen crying like a baby in public.

Really sorry to hear. Your post brought me to tears. She looks super cute in that picture. We have a Shizuh too. He is extremely affectionate. He loves sitting in laps , being held, and sleeping at the foot of the bed. When i was working from home for 2.5 years during Covid, he would regularly stand up and want to get in may lap, which I obliged. I'm going to need a week of bereavement leave when he dies.

My SIL has used Lap of Love too and recommended them.

it's so hard to loose family members, I feel the pain reading this.

Back