Large field pine logs who is buying??

WARRIORWELDING

Owner opperator Of WarriorWelding LLC.
I got my building pad in. Drive will be finished soon.

In the process I have about 5 to 8 very large very straight trees pushed out.
Guy I contacted from Winston has yet to come see em about bandsawing.

I'd like to sell them whole or have them milled. Pushed out last week. In Mocksville area on Iredell side. Can cut to specified length and haul.
Want to move on it asap.

Call me at 828-217-3994 for quickest and best response.

I will call them. Only mills I know are all the way into Alexander County.

Post up what you find out. I've got about 20-30 decent pines around the house I'd like to get some money for too.

Lady said they were not buying any pine right now. @jeepinmatt

Lady said they were not buying any pine right now. @jeepinmatt
Try Godfrey Lumber, Statesville. Just off Hwy 70 & I-77. Their a "Chip" Mill, so might be a lower price, & at times they stop buying.
Address: 1715 Amity Hill Rd, Statesville, NC 28677
Phone: (704) 872-6366
PS: Their limit is 20" dia., Straight, as they run the logs through a 20" barrel.

Last edited:
Matt, closest to you is probably S&L Sawmills
Address: 3044 NC-16 Business, Denver, NC 28037
Phone: Hours:
Open today · 7AM–4:30PM
I've only picked up sawdust & chips from them, never sold to them. I "Guess" they would buy from the public. I also know a Family that hauls logs, but doubt they'd give very little cash! Their truck would also have a hard time getting in/out your drive.

Matt, closest to you is probably S&L Sawmills
Address: 3044 NC-16 Business, Denver, NC 28037
Phone: Hours:
Open today · 7AM–4:30PM
I've only picked up sawdust & chips from them, never sold to them. I "Guess" they would buy from the public. I also know a Family that hauls logs, but doubt they'd give very little cash! Their truck would also have a hard time getting in/out your drive.
Thanks Rodney. S&L does "buy" from the public, but everytime I've checked over the past few years, the pay was so low that it didn't cover the fuel to get the logs there. I think it was $8/ton for saw logs last time I checked, so you're looking at maybe $20-30 for a normal mans trailer load.

Yuk, I found a mill in Alexander County. Its a long haul, bout an hr. Only bonus is I'm teaching at night up in that neck of the woods.

FYI - pine for logs is down, pine for chips is where its at. shipping them bitches to europe for pellet stoves.

Back