Leaf Springs

ricesyj

I was out at Uwharrie this weekend and somebody noticed that my leaf springs were not right. The fronts were in the back and the back springs were in the front along with the pinion angle shim. I have a 3.5" BDS lift is this okay to run it this way or do I need to call them and have it redone. A buddy said he would help me to swap them but just wanted to get some opinions on it. They also gave me straight shackles and the same person pointed out that they were hitting my frame in the back and my bumper in the front. They should have installed Boomerang shackles is what I was told. If you have time please let me know what you think.

1995 YJ 4.0 Manual

Thanks,

Troy

ricesyj said:
Tarheel 4wd in Charlotte.

Just give them a call in the morning (Monday). I would bet they did it right, and that they will help you with your shackel issues.

Have piece of mind that that is a good, honest, reputable shop and they will take care of any problems you are having. :beer:

ricesyj said:
they have 4 leafs in the back and 5 leafs in the front.

umm ya, thats the way it should be. You usually have more weight up front on a jeep than in the back, thus the heavier pack upfront.

Back