LED headlight conversion...

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
looking at converting the headlights of the RV to LED. Looks like I have HB3 and HB4 headlights and the housings are from a 2000 Ford Contour.

Anyway, anyone have experience on the success or failure of LED headlight conversions? Anyone have brands they are happy with or don’t like?

As of now, anything would be better than the crappy original bulbs, even a candle. So I’m tempted to go for the affordable versions off of Amazon unless I hear success or disappointment from the experienced...

I’m in the market as well for my pickup. I’ll be watching for real world reviews. The Shit you see on the interweb makes it seem like you put LED’s in and they’re so bright you can see the future. All I know is I’ll never do HID’s again.

I had Opt7 bulbs in my 02 up until I wrecked it a few years ago. Three of the four still work fine and the fourth one does too if I ever get off my ass and solder the wires. They're definitely bright light and amazing to drive with. The light is a little unfocused to oncoming drivers, but whatever, right?

I think the bulbs were 100 a pair on Amazon. Totally worth it.

LED's are the new HID' minus the projector. Even aimed properly, you're probably going to get high beamed by everyone. Fuck em, you can see.

I agree and have been thinking the same thing. Just do it. In the RV I’m sitting up high, so other people flashing their high beams isn’t a big deal as they don’t point in my eyes like they do a typical car or truck

If you have them, killer. You can see good, it's bright light, last forever usually.

If someone else does and you're in a car, bright light them bitches. It's like HID's no projectors. Not as bad of light bleed but not as clean as good projectors and HID.

Its our way of saying FU because our trucks dont get 23mpg making fuel going uphill with a 46' trailer behind it.
re: driving w/ too-bright lights... just remember, driving w/ what look like your high beams on (even if it isn't) is a classic sign of DUI. So it increases your chances of getting pulled over.

It is technically possible to get a ticket for having too bright lights. Not likely, but I've seen it happen...

I've got LEDs in my 01 150. Not sure what brand, they're bright, the lights are cloudy and can't tell any difference between hi/lo. But either setting is still enough to see better than halogen lights would be. Who knows how old they are either, they were on truck when I got it.

Back