Let me just say.....

cumminsdzl said:
I'm the exact opposite of most people. It would be fine with me if half the year it was about 60 and half the year it was about 30. Maybe i should move to northern Alaska.
No, if you did that, 1/4 the year it would be 50 and the other 3/4 it would be 30 BELOW.

I don't miss shoveling snow, either, BUT... I brought my SNOW shovel along from New Jersey, and at least one year I was damn glad I did! Now I mostly just use it for picking up leaves in the fall...

Trebissky said:
I brought my SNOW shovel along from New Jersey, and at least one year I was damn glad I did! Now I mostly just use it for picking up leaves in the fall...
still have mine, 10years old, still works for the 1-2 times a year i need it to shovel 5' of walk way off..

X2 on the leaves... neighbors must think im nutz pushing leaves w/ my plastic snow shovel... but damn it works awsome :)

Blkvoodoo said:
The heat I can handle, the humidity is what sucks the life outta me.

I've been working in the heat with little issue, and at least half the time without shade, not the most comfortable, but it's ok. I'll drink damn near half a case of bottled water a day.

THe humidity is gonna really be the suck tomorrow, hopefully I can get my stuff done reletivly quick and they haven't driven the hell outta the truck I have to work on before I get there ( make it even more fun to deal with the heat)

Tobacco warehouses and Cotton mills are the worst in this heat, no breeze, and the dust and fibers just stick to you. I actually get a "snuff buzz" from working in the tobacco warehouses. YUK !!!

Rob, you home this week? I may have to run to Sanford, If so I'll swing by.

Kevin

I grew up working in tobacco warehouses and miss every second of it! There was nothing like the smell of a full warehouse in the morning! I do agree though, when we used to work the market(usually started around end of july or beg. of august) it was hot as hell. I know our forklift mechanics hated us too :D

I got a call from Josh, my 20 year old son serving in Iraq. Stays around 140 to 150 there during the day. 110 or so at night. I wont complain.

Many times I have had to be out in the heat. one thing i learned, was if my head was cool, I could function. a towel, hat with a rag in it, or the like, to absorb the heat works great. I used more water for cooling, than I did for drinking.

for those whose AC isn't doing it, try a sprinkler on the roof. If you don't have issues with a well or water usage, it works great.

X2 on the leaves... neighbors must think im nutz pushing leaves w/ my plastic snow shovel... but damn it works awsome
LIke a mini-front end loader, ain't it? :D

And a few years back, when we got like 2 feet almost all at once? I remember going to Lowe's and seeing them trying to sell aluminum and PLASTIC feed scoops as snow shovels. I guess they'd work OK while it was still soft and falling, but once it had a chance to sit there and get good and solid... ain't happening. :shaking:

REAL snow shovels have a strip of galvanized all across the front of the blade. Feed scoops don't.

What would really be a big help down here would be taking all the power lines the hell off of poles and putting them underground, so when trees fall over from ice, they don't cut off the power for about half of a city. Or more.

X2 on the leaves... neighbors must think im nutz pushing leaves w/ my plastic snow shovel... but damn it works awsome
LIke a mini-front end loader, ain't it? :D Mine was a couple years old when we came down here in Sept. '96. We passed Fran on the way down, in DC. Made for an interesting first week and a half...

And a few years back, when we got like 2 feet almost all at once? I remember going to Lowe's and seeing them trying to sell aluminum and PLASTIC feed scoops as snow shovels. I guess they'd work OK while it was still soft and falling, but once it had a chance to sit there and get good and solid... ain't happening. :shaking:

REAL snow shovels have a strip of galvanized all across the front of the blade. Feed scoops don't.

What would really be a big help down here would be taking all the power lines the hell off of poles and putting them underground, so when trees fall over from ice, they don't cut off the power for about half of a city. Or more.

Rich said:
Ummm, if you folks don't like the heat... MOVE! :flipoff2:
Convince my wife! PLEASE! I wanna more out west where I can go wheeling and not drive half a day to get there. (That and there's less people.)

Back