Liberty CRD

NC_Mog

Eurotrash Driver
Test drove one yesterday. Nice engine. Not really interested in swapping the wifes car right now, but I'd consider one when the time comes. Very torquey right from idle. Developes 295 lb-ft at something less than 2000 rpm. Only 160 hp but you'd never know from driving it.

That 2.8L turbo engine would be a nice addition to the TJ.

hey kinball got any links ? what was the mpg ?

i was asking the sales man at the ford dealer about what new small diesels ford coming out with... I explained that their best small car was still the same as my 120k sidekick that pays me to keep driveing it... he said they have one coming up in 2-3 years for the F150s and mid sizes....

maybe a LWB wrangler with the diesel that be cool...

edit: NO I'm NOT looking at new trucks :) My neighbor was picking up his new F350 and i was shuttling his other truck home...

yager said:
what was the mpg ?

last I read it was around 25mpg...not bad for a smallish suv...the Lovely Jeep Wife's 97 Rav4 gets the same and is a sleepy dog when it comes to acceleration...

I think the rating is 26 mpg. The sales guy said that their regional rep is getting a bit better than that once it broke in. Here is the link.

The WJ has a larger (2.9L?) 5 cyl that produces more hp and torque, but is only available overseas. Better is relative. The 2.8 the Liberty has is a good match for the size of the vehicle.

It would make a nice ride for the wife. Overall the Liberty has decent room for a small SUV. It has the same problem as the XJ in the you crawl over the wheelwell to get out of the rear seat. The ride is firm without being harsh; steering is pretty tight (rack & pinion); the brake pedal requires a little too much travel; fit & finish inside (even with leather) is alright but is nothing to write home about.

Back