little sammy project

StudNuts

workin on something a little different, a slightly mod'd sammy. 1.6 efi, 6:1 case, 5.13 spooled, 1330 driveshafts, rancho coilovers up front, coils rear, 3 link front, 4 link rear, full hydro w/ my special retro fit bracket to fit a GM saginaw ps pump, 36" TSLs.

100_1084.jpg

Rear Coil Buckets and Shock Hoops:
100_1086.jpg

Another of the coil buckets and shock hoops:
100_1089.jpg

Had to clearence the hood due to the 1.6 sitting a little taller:
100_1090.jpg

nice sami project

What's your impression of those Rancho coilovers?

They are 12 bolts. Just got a PS cooler for the hydro steering. No accumulator. And you dont want to see an under hood pic, efi birdsnest.

IMO, those ranchos are perfect for something like a zuki. So far they are working great but I wouldnt put them on anything heavier.

Dont you worry metty, grand opening soon. :flipoff

Arron chill out!!!!!!!!!!

He meant 10 bolts. Those are a 1/2 ton set of 10 bolts fullwidth like out of a chevy suburban or something. I have seen that ZUKI and it is CRAZY!!!! I got $20 that says if the owner can drive as good as that Zuki will go then there might be a lot of suprised people at the next DPG event. :lol: :D :driver: Studnuts did a amazing job on that rig and it looks great. Can't wait to see it on the trail.

Looking good! Post more pics. Where did you get your 6:1 Tcase gears from and was there a long wait? I want those same gears and have heard horror stories of people waiting on them for 6+ months.

DK

Sweet sammy. If you have any or could get some more pics of the coil mount, mainly the bootom side of the mount where the coil mounts. I am looking to do a 3 link in the front of my toyota and i like the tube work you did with the coil mount

drkelly said:
Looking good! Post more pics. Where did you get your 6:1 Tcase gears from and was there a long wait? I want those same gears and have heard horror stories of people waiting on them for 6+ months.
DK

Just got my 6.4's from Trail Tough. only took about 1.5 week.

Nice Zuk. Check my message in newbie tech reference my '87 Sammie. I'm looking for someone experienced with Samuaris to share their knowledge.

I saw it at uwharrie a couple of weeks ago. It's bad ass.:beer: His friend flipped his zuki on daniel twice.

it must have rolled backwards because it looks almost impossible to roll it sideways :lol:

His didn't flip but his friend's zuk did. LOL...it's was all caved in! I helped him fix his motor mount. The bolts sheared off.

Back