Lodging in Wilmington

NCJeeper

Anyone know of a good place to stay for a weekend in Wilmington? Doesn't necessarily have to be right on the beach. I'll be headed down that way the weekend of May 20-21.

hilton on the river is nice, blockade runner on the beach, or the Jameson Inn on Market if you are looking for a nice, inexpensive hotel. Feel free to do a travel search on yahoo and ask here if they are nice or what not.

X2 for Courtyard, otherwise just about anything not on Market, There are alot of misleading good named hotels there that are ratholes.

Ameristay at Monkey Junction. It's right by the Taco Bell Kohls, volunteer fire dept, Buffalo Wild Wings Wal Mart Lowes ( virtually right around the corner)and is right next to Rucker Johns ( excellent restraunt). The neighborhood behind it backs into my neighborhood which means everything around there is max 5 minutes away that inclues catching the lights in busy traffic. It'll put you 10 to 15 minutes from the beach vs the 30 to 45 depending upong Market Street and College traffic to get across town. I have a bud whos a manager there if you decide to stay and need help getting reservations

Stayed at the Hilton on river St last weekend. Not quite as nice as it could be, but it's definitely a great location

Josh C said:
Ameristay at Monkey Junction. It's right by the Taco Bell Kohls, volunteer fire dept, Buffalo Wild Wings Wal Mart Lowes ( virtually right around the corner)and is right next to Rucker Johns ( excellent restraunt). The neighborhood behind it backs into my neighborhood which means everything around there is max 5 minutes away that inclues catching the lights in busy traffic. It'll put you 10 to 15 minutes from the beach vs the 30 to 45 depending upong Market Street and College traffic to get across town. I have a bud whos a manager there if you decide to stay and need help getting reservations

Check your PM's....foolio... :smokin:

monkey junction is a good choice...loads of traffic goin into wilmington sometimes. Honestly, the best inexpensive hotel that i know of and have stayed at is the Jameson Inn on Market. Its not in the ghetto part of Market its on new Centre next to the target and it had just been built when I was a freshman three years ago...so I stayed there after my orientation. It was like 65 bucks a night and its pretty new and way nicer than i thought it would be. Since it is at the end of market its quite easy to get to the beach bc u are so close to Eastwood.

jeep9mm said:
monkey junction is a good choice...loads of traffic goin into wilmington sometimes. Honestly, the best inexpensive hotel that i know of and have stayed at is the Jameson Inn on Market. Its not in the ghetto part of Market its on new Centre next to the target and it had just been built when I was a freshman three years ago...so I stayed there after my orientation. It was like 65 bucks a night and its pretty new and way nicer than i thought it would be. Since it is at the end of market its quite easy to get to the beach bc u are so close to Eastwood.

I will check that out too... :)

what are you planning on doing in wilmington? that will help the decision alot, if your going to the beach you might as well stay close to the beach because anything on market street is a nightmare.

BigBody79 said:
what are you planning on doing in wilmington? that will help the decision alot, if your going to the beach you might as well stay close to the beach because anything on market street is a nightmare.

We'll be spending some time at Carolina Beach...we also looked at Carolina Beach Family Campgrounds as a possibility.

If you going to be spending time at Carolina Beach then you just need to go ahead and go all the way down there and stay. On a good day from the Market Street area to Carolina Beach could be a good 15-25 min drive, Worse on bad days. Even if you stay in Monkey Junction there is going to still be a short drive to the beach. But, personally I would look into a place down there. You'd spend more time relaxing and less time driving. But, for a good place to stay down there I couldn't tell you off hand.

Back