Log splitter to rent?

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
About a month ago I had a very large red oak tree hit my house. It did a lot of damage, but luckily no one was hurt. I have learned the hard way that insurance companies will cover getting the tree off of and out of the house, but not for the removal once it is on the ground. With that I am trying to do most of the cleanup my self. Does anyone on here have a log splitter that I could rent? Swinging a splitting ax gets harder and harder each year that goes by haha.

About a month ago I had a very large red oak tree hit my house. It did a lot of damage, but luckily no one was hurt. I have learned the hard way that insurance companies will cover getting the tree off of and out of the house, but not for the removal once it is on the ground. With that I am trying to do most of the cleanup my self. Does anyone on here have a log splitter that I could rent? Swinging a splitting ax gets harder and harder each year that goes by haha.
You can buy one brand new at Rural King in Morganton for about $900, then list it on CL for $1200 with all the other overpriced log splitters and sell it for $1000. I have one I'd consider renting, but I'm not very close to WS. I got mine when they had a $100 rebate going, so it was only $800, pre assembled, filled with hydraulic oil and non ethanol gas.

Forgot to post the link
Black Diamond 25 Ton Log Splitter YTL-014-991
I've split a couple cords of wood with it since I got it back in the winter, no issues. My neighbor has a 37 ton Troy Bilt, and this 25ton is comparably beefy. His is a little faster splitting the biggest, knottiest stuff, but mine is faster the other 95% of the time.

I got one. Its a beast of construction. Its on real tires and spindles. Has a real hitch for a 2 inch ball me thinks.

Call me after Church. I'm just on the other side of Mocksville.

Post it for free and someone will come haul it off.

That will probably be my plan once it is out of my back yard and into the front. It would make some awesome firewood next year.

That will probably be my plan once it is out of my back yard and into the front. It would make some awesome firewood next year.
Well that changes things considerably. Why rent when you could exchange the splitter use for free wood.....and get help with the labor.

Yo! yo! I burn wood for heat. Win win for everybody. I got your message call when ready.

Back