Long Distance Rental Company rec's?

Darkbloodmon

Looking for a rental for about a week, going from Concord, NC to Grand Meadow, MN. Enterprise is killing me on the drop fee, wondering if anyone with experience hopping around has any recommendations, U haul rates aren't much better.

I need a full size SUV with 4x4 or an AWD Mini van

I’m in the same situation later this year. Looked like Avis was my cheapest option. I’ve never used them before though. Seems like prices are inflated like everything else.

The cheapest for a one way is usually u haul. Going one way is always expensive, especially going that direction and not dropping it at an airport.

Grand and change, most of it being the drop fee

Any chance you can change the return location to an airport? They often are more lenient on the 1-way drop.

The cheapest for a one way is usually u haul. Going one way is always expensive, especially going that direction and not dropping it at an airport.
Would you believe the Enterprise rates are with an Airport drop off? Rochester int.

are you hauling something up there? If not, what are air fares out of Concord airport?
Moving equipment into an OTR Class 8, I'd take a flight but TSA would laugh, it'd be easier to just drive up there.

Looking for a rental for about a week, going from Concord, NC to Grand Meadow, MN. Enterprise is killing me on the drop fee, wondering if anyone with experience hopping around has any recommendations, U haul rates aren't much better.

I need a full size SUV with 4x4 or an AWD Mini van

Where are you looking, and what constitutes "killing you" on the drop fee? I suspect most of the price jump is related to needing 4wd.

Quick expedia search, National, Enterprise, Budget, Avis, etc, all about $200-225 door to door, CLT to RST, if you don't insist on AWD.

1707936882706.png

Where are you looking, and what constitutes "killing you" on the drop fee? I suspect most of the price jump is related to needing 4wd.

Quick expedia search, National, Enterprise, Budget, Avis, etc, all about $200-225 door to door, CLT to RST, if you don't insist on AWD.

View attachment 412387
I was seeing 6 to 500 on drop fees for Enterprise and U Haul, should've used a travel site, I don't really travel so its kinda over my head.

1707939066427.png

Friday pick up Monday drop off. I could get by with something Rav4 sized but they're all relatively close in total price.

You're renting a car that costs $190/day for four days. Add $200 in tax and you're at $1k.
Didn't think it'd be that expensive. I'll figure something else out. Thanks for the feedback.

Can you rent for fewer days? Could be a two-day burn, especially if you have a buddy to trade off.

If it was a different time of year I’d say to get into Michigan and take the S.S. Badger ferry across to Wi. You can be in Ludington, Mi. (Where the ferry leaves from) in about 10hrs. Sleep on the boat. Madison is about 2 hrs from manitowoc (where the ferry docks). A bit shorter, don’t have to shoot your way through Chicago, get some shut eye, and the boat ride is AWESOME!!

Same vehicle, dates and locations. Enterprise is crazy. I do have an old friend that owns a location and hooks friends up but I haven’t seen him in we’ll over 10yrs and I don’t want to be that guy.B100BF1E-87E8-4415-B4B0-261D54344C7F.png421EAEE6-06F7-4A75-B967-3656A65E9BBF.pngB100BF1E-87E8-4415-B4B0-261D54344C7F.png3850973C-4041-41AE-81F1-D336D72C47FA.png

Can you rent for fewer days? Could be a two-day burn, especially if you have a buddy to trade off.
Solo drive, I'll need at least 2 days.

Go to budget and put in from and where and type of car and use the code. T417600 in the BCD line and see what you get. Let me know if it worked for you. It has saved me big$$
1707972287309.png

This is making me do a double take, this is real right? They aren't gonna beat me over the head when I show to pick it up, drag me off to a bathroom and steal my kidney are they?

Last edited:
View attachment 412425

This is making me do a double take, this is real right? They aren't gonna beat me over the head when I show to pick it up, drag me off to a bathroom and steal my kidney are they?
I haven't been attacked yet and I rent one ways several times a year. Only had one agent ask me for my Florida state university ID and that was in NY city. Its a corporate code btw.

I haven't been attacked yet and I rent one ways several times a year. Only had one agent ask me for my Florida state university ID and that was in NY city. Its a corporate code btw.
Booked it, thanks a ton.

I was about to drive my pick up there and leave it for about 6 to 7 weeks while running until I got the time to take a flight to get it back down to NC.

Back