Long Distance Rental Company rec's?

I see you booked something already, but did you consider buying a beater for $1k and selling it once you get there?
The problem with this is the lost cost of registration, title, insurance etc.

(assuming you wanted to be legal)

Also, these days where TF are you gonna find any car that would actually make that trip for only $1k?

Buuuut - if you don't mind some risk, and doing shaky stuff like keeping the title open and running temp tags, dealing with people who wuld be able to to make an immediate buy, and you have say $5k on hand to lay out it could be cheaper.... its then a question of the value of your time and stress level.

The problem with this is the lost cost of registration, title, insurance etc.

(assuming you wanted to be legal)

Also, these days where TF are you gonna find any car that would actually make that trip for only $1k?

Buuuut - if you don't mind some risk, and doing shaky stuff like keeping the title open and running temp tags, dealing with people who wuld be able to to make an immediate buy, and you have say $5k on hand to lay out it could be cheaper.... its then a question of the value of your time and stress level.

The profit from taking a low rust/no rust southern car to MN would probably pay for all of that and then some.

Duane

You couldn't pay me $165 to deal with the idiots on Marketplace that want a 1k$ car.
I have $166 with your name on it.

Booked it, thanks a ton.

I was about to drive my pick up there and leave it for about 6 to 7 weeks while running until I got the time to take a flight to get it back down to NC.
Let me know if you need a kidney after the trip. I work with a couple of guys making 150K$ plus a year that are so dern broke they would sell theirs at a deal.

I see you booked something already, but did you consider buying a beater for $1k and selling it once you get there?
Considered but i just got my mom into a CR-V after nearly a year of dealing with marketplace mouth breathers, that and getting all the paper work and docs ready by the end of the week to be legal, last thing I'd want to do is drive a clapped beater over state lines 17hrs hoping a trooper doesn't pull me.

Is a train ride a possibility or maybe catch a ride with another otr driver heading that way.
Not likely, I've got enough scheduling to deal with, I don't need to throw someone else's into the mix.

Could you fly up and drive the truck down and do your install here?
Moving into an OTR truck in MN, we're dispatched after Orientation and run for a month minimum.

Back