Looking for a diesel shop or part time mechanic near Greensboro

bgaidan

Any recommendations fora cheap-ish shop or even weekend mechanic that can pull a turbo on a Ford 6.4 near Greensboro? I'm 95% sure it just needs to the drain seal replaced. Tried doing it myself and it wasn't happening without lifting the cab and I'm out of patience to go any further on it myself.

There are people that claim you can do it without pulling the cab and even a few vids on youtube showing it, but I can't see it happening on anything that has the slightest bit of age/rust on the bolts. Supposedly you can also get away with just pulling the front body bolts and hinging it on the back two bolts to get just a little more room and it lets you get the downpipe out of the way. That probably would have worked and I kind of wish I would have tried, but working on this thing was killing my back and I ran out of patience with it. From what I understand, people that regularly work on these things can have the body off faster than I could probably get a few of the body bolts loose!

This guy has a good video on just tilting the cab the get to the back bolts.

Pure Diesel in Kernersville would be worth a call. Not sure their prices on such a job as yours, but I was pleased with work they did on an older diesel truck I owned.

Back