Looking for crawler storage near charlotte area

DMiller

Hey everyone,

The girl and I are moving down to charlotte (15 minutes north) from Binghamton, NY in a few weeks. Its been in the planning for some time now, and its crazy to think that we are finally leaving our birthplace and setting sail...and its coming up fast.

As of now, I plan on leaving our buggy up north....but that's only because I am not familiar with the area and its available storage. Been online looking all over the state within 30 minutes trying to find storage units that are indoors. Also have a 28' trailer/camper that would need to be stored (of course outdoors!)

Anyone know of any local storage units that have vehicle bays?

Of course, if anyone has any additional storage at a garage/home w/ rent somewhere that would be great too.

Would like to keep the buggy and the trailer together.

any help is appreciated, thank you!

You may be able to rent some warehouse space in the burbs somewhere. Look up maiden NC, we have a lot of closed mills around here. There are a couple here close to my house that have been empty for years and could probably get short term rent for a reasonable price. Also check Cherryville, Bessemer City and Dallas NC.

About how long are you looking to store it ?
Im in concord and i have some driveway space that the trailer can fit and some garage space for the buggy

You can probably find a standard storage unit wide enough to fit it in.

No storage unit large enough in the area... only one I found was about 25-30 minutes north east of charlotte (ill have to re search and try and find it). Of course, this is me using the internet to search of' recommended' units; or more or less, those that have websites and advertisement...there could be a lot of random hidden units around the area with some indoor space, or like gotwood mentioned (although, security would be a big thing with the buggy).

Ill look up that area right now and see what I can find. It will probably come down to getting down there and searching around, but I can take all the help I can get... it could take me a long time to get comfortable with the area... Plus, the sooner I can bring the buggy down, the sooner we can start participating in the 4x4 community and meeting new people!

offroad cowboy, it all depends, I need a place to store till I get my own place, that could be a couple months or more (staying with my sister and her husband till we get our feet on the ground), But with that said, even a few weeks of storage would be beneficial till I can find a more permanent storage location. Its all up to who I am storing it with.

Ps, those who do have personal room of their own, I can offer rent and/or other services... I am a fabricator by trade and can help with any projects needing assistance.

No storage unit large enough in the area... only one I found was about 25-30 minutes north east of charlotte (ill have to re search and try and find it). Of course, this is me using the internet to search of' recommended' units; or more or less, those that have websites and advertisement...there could be a lot of random hidden units around the area with some indoor space, or like gotwood mentioned (although, security would be a big thing with the buggy).

Ill look up that area right now and see what I can find. It will probably come down to getting down there and searching around, but I can take all the help I can get... it could take me a long time to get comfortable with the area... Plus, the sooner I can bring the buggy down, the sooner we can start participating in the 4x4 community and meeting new people!

offroad cowboy, it all depends, I need a place to store till I get my own place, that could be a couple months or more (staying with my sister and her husband till we get our feet on the ground), But with that said, even a few weeks of storage would be beneficial till I can find a more permanent storage location. Its all up to who I am storing it with.

Ps, those who do have personal room of their own, I can offer rent and/or other services... I am a fabricator by trade and can help with any projects needing assistance.

Ok well let me know i could store it for a couple weeks to a couple months so you can figure out where you are looking i dont know what your pay is or housing requirements are but theres a couple nice houses in my neighborhood for rent and my neighbor hood is trailer frendly

I am about 30 min north of Charlotte and might can help you out. 5 bay garage and possibly can rent ya a bay for storage. 8284485634

Back