Lots of interesting news today

Collection of FICA is for participation in Medicare and Social Security by the individual. If the plan is to have the robots or AI retire at 67 and collect benefits, this is a good plan. If not, this is just an idea to scam more money for a government ponzi scheme.

Now it would be interesting if in the future you could hire out robots, you pay FICA taxes, then you get to collect their Social Security. But in general. I'd say this is a non-starter.
 

Kelsey Grammer Impression GIF by Paramount+
10636.jpg
 
[not for political purposes]
Executive order waives off-road requirement allowing use of red-dye diesel on roads for rest of the year

I'm wondering... how long does it take the dye residue to wear out of a tank? What happens when this expires, how will illegal usage be enforced?

Also, I feel like the tiny portion of stations that sell it are about to get bombarded.
It's October, imagine being in the heating oil (AKA red diesel) supply business now. Demand is about to go through the roof.

Sidebar - Trump explaining that he has no idea what red dye diesel is
 
Last edited:
Also, the tax is deferred. There is still confusion on whether users might be expected to pay back the tax retroactively, albeit without a penalty.
 
[not for political purposes]
Executive order waives off-road requirement allowing use of red-dye diesel on roads for rest of the year

I'm wondering... how long does it take the dye residue to wear out of a tank? What happens when this expires, how will illegal usage be enforced?

Also, I feel like the tiny portion of stations that sell it are about to get bombarded.
It's October, imagine being in the heating oil (AKA red diesel) supply business now. Demand is about to go through the roof.

Sidebar - Trump explaining that he has no idea what red dye diesel is


There is no such thing as heating oil anymore, its all the same diesel now a days. I would imagine there will be a bunch of people running red now. Last time i looked it was 1.10 ish a gallon cheaper, which makes no sense bc fuel tax is only what 60c a gallon?
 
Back
Top