LowesforPros/HDPro accounts

Discussion in 'General Chit Chat' started by kaiser715, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:50 PM.

1. kaiser715

kaiser715 Doing hard time

Just wondering if anybody as either, and has seen any real value in them?

When we were building and outfitting the house, I was spending a pile of money at either. One trip to HD, the sales guy signed me up for the HD Pro program, said if I signed up for HDPro, and sent in a quote, I could save a bunch. Took a day or two to get the quote back. Saved about 3/4 of a percent on a $4k purchase. Not much of a program. I still get their "Pro" sales emails, it's aways paint stuff. Good deals, but I don't ever buy paint. Much less need a buy 2/get 1 free on 5 gallon pails.

What brings this up, a few months ago I started getting the Lowes for Pros ads and flyers. Never signed up, figured my purchase history on mylowes triggered an upgrade. Same deal...just got an ad in email, compared some prices...if it was on sale in the Lowes for Pros ad, it was on sale for the same price on the regular website.

Anybody actually get any value out of these programs? Or is it just the marketing hype that it appears to be?

2. kaiser715

kaiser715 Doing hard time

This is funny....they are watching....38 minutes after posting that, I get a 20 off 100 coupon in email from Lowes.

rodney eppes and jeepinmatt like this.
  3. mommucked

mommucked Endeavoring to persevere

I thought those perks/discounts were only for contractors that were buying from those stores about every day.Now I'm thinking it's just stuff they need to get rid of because it's old or not selling and they need room for new stuff.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:58 PM
  4. Loganwayne

Loganwayne #BTL

our company has lowes credit cards that get us 10% off. but thats it. I use to work at lowes and the store manager knows me pretty well. so i gave them a chance to price a pretty big job, as well as the other local building suppliers, they didnt give any discount for what would have been about 10 tractor trailers loads of lumber.

rodney eppes likes this.
  5. shawn

shawn running dog lackey of the oppressor class Administrator

You get to park up front at Home Depot.

That is, if you don't already just park under the canopy with all the other DBs...

6. Fabrik8

Fabrik8 Overcomplicator

Maybe you get access to the mythical stash of straight lumber. I've always heard it's just a fairy tale though.

NCJeeplover, jeepinmatt and kaiser715 like this.
  7. rodney eppes

rodney eppes Well-Known Member

I've had a Lowe's card [5% off] for Years. The other day I was invited to join the Pro's card. I didn't even bother to look at it. My average monthly spending there might be $15! If my purchase is under $10, I just pay cash.