LowesforPros/HDPro accounts

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Just wondering if anybody as either, and has seen any real value in them?

When we were building and outfitting the house, I was spending a pile of money at either. One trip to HD, the sales guy signed me up for the HD Pro program, said if I signed up for HDPro, and sent in a quote, I could save a bunch. Took a day or two to get the quote back. Saved about 3/4 of a percent on a $4k purchase. Not much of a program. I still get their "Pro" sales emails, it's aways paint stuff. Good deals, but I don't ever buy paint. Much less need a buy 2/get 1 free on 5 gallon pails.

What brings this up, a few months ago I started getting the Lowes for Pros ads and flyers. Never signed up, figured my purchase history on mylowes triggered an upgrade. Same deal...just got an ad in email, compared some prices...if it was on sale in the Lowes for Pros ad, it was on sale for the same price on the regular website.

Anybody actually get any value out of these programs? Or is it just the marketing hype that it appears to be?

This is funny....they are watching....38 minutes after posting that, I get a 20 off 100 coupon in email from Lowes.

I thought those perks/discounts were only for contractors that were buying from those stores about every day.Now I'm thinking it's just stuff they need to get rid of because it's old or not selling and they need room for new stuff.

Last edited:
our company has lowes credit cards that get us 10% off. but thats it. I use to work at lowes and the store manager knows me pretty well. so i gave them a chance to price a pretty big job, as well as the other local building suppliers, they didnt give any discount for what would have been about 10 tractor trailers loads of lumber.

I've had a Lowe's card [5% off] for Years. The other day I was invited to join the Pro's card. I didn't even bother to look at it. My average monthly spending there might be $15! If my purchase is under $10, I just pay cash.

Back