LQ4 is not an LS,everybody knows a "that guy"

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
I have dealt w so many people like this that they make my head want to explode

Last edited:
Known a few people like that, it's funny till you realize they're dead serious.
6bc4a0a41ee3340e58797efdebea1865.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

In 10 years, that guy will still be stupid. I hope he pays someone to change his air filter, because he isn't qualified to do the job.

I generally just walk away when I run in to people like that.

making claims he saw on PowerBlock tv and fuel Tornado commercials.
oh it’s better than that,iirc he quotes the gm service guy he’s been talking to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh it’s better than that,iirc he quotes the gm service guy he’s been talking to.

Ah...the good ol 'When I talked to (fill in the blank manufacturer), they told me XYZ, why would they lie?' Got it. Did he hit 'my (fill in the blank relative) used to work at (fill in the blank manufacturer), so I know what I'm talking about' or the classic 'I've been wrenching since before you were a tickle in your father's nut sack'. The latter two are my personal favorite to troll.

Ah...the good ol 'When I talked to (fill in the blank manufacturer), they told me XYZ, why would they lie?' Got it. Did he hit 'my (fill in the blank relative) used to work at (fill in the blank manufacturer), so I know what I'm talking about' or the classic 'I've been wrenching since before you were a tickle in your father's nut sack'. The latter two are my personal favorite to troll.

Again iirc he used the old,my so and so has his own dyno that nobody has ever heard of and did the testing there.

Yeah, I only watched the first minute or so and I learned that his brother has a dyno in his unnamed personal shop where his stock block 6.0 made 800hp on tune alone.

I want those 8 minutes of my life back. :lol: I gotta get me one of them things! That, and put my pile of shat on his brothers dyno...I bet it'll turn 950, 975 hp all day long after a good tune :lol:

So you mean to tell me.... My 2002 6.0 and 4l80e that I swapped into the TJ buggy I built years ago could've been making 800 HP if I took it to his Dyno guy?

Sounds like I need to buy it back.

Speaking as a Toyota guy, I have heard that the LS/LQ does respond very well to A good tune, what is a realistic #?

Speaking as a Toyota guy, I have heard that the LS/LQ does respond very well to A good tune, what is a realistic #?
There's many on here that could answer this better than I, but I'll say a 4.8, 5.3 or 6.0 ECM sent in to a decent tuner should make no less than 30 extra HP. In other words, a bone stock 5.3 with nothing more than headers and tune should net ~300 very easily.

Just as an example, because it's what my dad has and he has my old tuner on his truck now, hypertech claims +18hp and +16 lb ft on a 2004 1500 with 5.3 running premium fuel. Having someone actually tune it instead of a canned tune, either with a ride along or dyno, will be more, so 30 hp would maybe be achievable.

most tuners claimed hp is somewhere in the rpm range not at peak. My 06 gto 6.0l 6spd with longtubes and intake put down 378 hp 379 tq, stock should have been 340 to 350 ish, so it picked up about 30hp.

the number designation on LS is the mfg's secret designation for how many seconds 0-60mph it is rated for. The LS1 was engineered for 1 second to beat even a Bugatti. The LS7... yeah its just a publicity stunt and a joke among the true LS engineers.

I guess he's right...it's not an LS, but they're obviously LS based since all of the parts will swap.

@ckruzer LS9s must be suuuuuper slow then :D

the number designation on LS is the mfg's secret designation for how many seconds 0-60mph it is rated for. The LS1 was engineered for 1 second to beat even a Bugatti. The LS7... yeah its just a publicity stunt and a joke among the true LS engineers.
I'd be ok with 5.3 second 0-60 in my jeep.

So.... My SS Camaro has an LS3, long tubes, full exhaust, intake and a canned e-mail tune. I gotta be putting 1700hp to the wheels, an honest 1500hp at least. Hope my stock clutch holds. :D

Back