LS engine builder or shop in Charlotte?

REDLYNER

Mall Crawling Race Rig
I'm continuing to have issues with an LS swap- anyone have experience with a reputable shop? Charlotte, Mooresville, etc.

The car is currently at Heinz Racing (JHR Performance), but I'm not quite sure if they are going to do more than just ecm adjustments and tuning.

PCM of NC
  • Phone: (704) 746-9576
Tick Performance
Telephone: 336.719.0599
Address 179 Thunder Rd, Mount Airy NC 27030-2545

There are a number of others out toward Raleigh as well (RPM, Mayhem, Blazing High Performance)

If for some reason you decided to go with Tick, I'll be in the Mt. Airy area all weekend coming up and can get it up there for you if for some reason you're too busy getting your Labor Day GTL on.

The jeep is like 4 miles from PCM right now, hopefully I can get a diagnosis today from JHR and either get it fixed or possibly have PCM take a look if they have an open bay.

Time is not on my side at the moment, trying to leave next Wednesday for an Ultra4 race.

The closest to you that I would do is Tick. They have a lot of work though and any good LS shop will struggle to fit it in this week.

The closest to you that I would do is Tick. They have a lot of work though and any good LS shop will struggle to fit it in this week.

Timing is unfortunate. It's not exactly what I thought I'd be dealing with this week.

I had very good experience with Alvin at PCM. I had a less than positive experience with Heinz as well.

PCM of NC would be my go to, I send them all my customers that need to be tuned. But like others have said they stay VERY busy. Jeff Heintz (former owner of Heintz performance, now JHR) Also still does LS work at his place in Concord but he stays super busy and is working out of a small shop.

Do you have any idea what the issues are? Is it just tuning problems or are there mechanical issues? Does JHR not have time to get it finished or they are having trouble?

Sorry for the twenty questions, I may be able to help, we have done plenty of LS swaps, but I really don't get into tuning (especially forced induction) at the shop for lack of Dyno.

LSX Performance and PCM Tuning in Indian Trail
704-218-9509

I may be able to help, we have done plenty of LS swaps, but I really don't get into tuning (especially forced induction) at the shop for lack of Dyno.

Huuuuuge shout out to Kyle @ S.L. Customs. They cleared a bay to squeeze me in and had the motor diagnosed in what seemed like a matter of minutes. Parts ordered, delivered by the next morning, and installed before lunch. The car runs outstanding now!

Communication is so important and Kyle sent me updates through every step of the process. Big thanks!!

Www.slcustomsonline.com
704-663-6500

Well....what was wrong with it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well....what was wrong with it? Inquiring minds want to know!

Several things were causing it to not run at an optimum level- new plugs were cracked, O2 sensors were shot, but the killer was a blown internal fuel line. Old lines weren't ideal for 24/7 submersion in fuel and just wore out.

It's going to need a new tune after Ultra4 Arkansas as well.

Last edited:
It's amazing how much a seemingly small problem will make it run so terribly!

Back