Machine/Job Shop?

Chris_Keziah

Joe Dirt @ Rev Limit Fab
Looking for another machine shop that has Wire EDM capabilities and is localish that I can use at work. Really tired of sending my wire EDM work over sea's (Rapid Cut) since I can find competitive pricing locally. All of the major niche places that have online quoting and quick lead times are 4-6 times my comfort cost. Jobs are usually one off, low (2-6) quantities, and small parts. I can live with 10-14 day lead times.

I used to send stuff to wirtz wire in Hendersonville when we didn't have time to do it in house. They are quick and reasonable... That being said, edm and cheap are on two opposite ends of the spectrum and trying to compare overseas rates to NC rates won't come close either.

:Edit:. If you're just doing simple 2 axis parts why not buy an old used machine and do it in house.

I used to send stuff to wirtz wire in Hendersonville when we didn't have time to do it in house. They are quick and reasonable... That being said, edm and cheap are on two opposite ends of the spectrum and trying to compare overseas rates to NC rates won't come close either.

:Edit:. If you're just doing simple 2 axis parts why not buy an old used machine and do it in house.

More less looking for justifiable cost, I know it won't be cheap. We've got a older machine here already but it stays tied up doing tool and die work. I'll check them out though.

Check out Rockingham Tool and Mold. It's the father of one of the CNC programmers I work with. He works alone in a shop at his house and has done some quick turn work for us when we needed it. He doesn't have a website or anything. oldschool.

Rockingham Tool & Mold

126 Traxler Rd, Summerfield, NC 27358

Phone: (336) 548-4880

Back