Manual Transmission shop anywhere near CLT, Triad, Hickory, Rock Hill ?

Got a 5 speed manual 2wd transmission from a Ford Ranger 1996 (same as mazda 3000)
I got this truck from my pops and I want to get the trans checked out.
I am not going to tearing into it myself as I'm no familiar with this Ford tranny stuff. o_O

Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent trans shop nearby to tell me if this thing can be fixed with let's say $90 worth of parts or $900 worth of parts?

If its more than a hundred dollars or so, I'll go source one from a junkyard or LKQ.
PM me
or txt seven O four - nineOseven - Fifty Fifty2

Thank you in advance.
I'm trying to repair this truck and sell it asap!

You're going to be better off getting one from a junkyard, without even knowing what yours is doing. When I was working at the Ford dealer almost 20 years ago and building one of those a week, I'd replace all the main bearings and the brass rings on every one I tore down. Most of the main bearings (input shaft, output shaft, counter shaft bearings) were $80-150 each, that doesn't include any bearings under the individual gears, or other parts such as the synchronizer assemblies. Depending on symptoms, and measurments on tear down, any of those parts could be bad and you'd be looking at several more hundred dollars.

I’m unbolt the Slave and see how she spins. I’ve never messed with a trans that had an internal slave.
Thx for the advice.
I’ll post up here results. I’m working on this when I have time so might be awhile.

Oh and forgot to ask since you know these trans well,
How many years or miles would one get before taking a shit?
Last I hear this one was put in in 2011.
So maybe 100k miles ago

Oh and forgot to ask since you know these trans well,
How many years or miles would one get before taking a shit?
Last I hear this one was put in in 2011.
So maybe 100k miles ago

It varied from truck to truck. Ive seen trucks with over 200K and never been touched, Ive had to replace parts in trucks that had 15,000 miles under warranty.

Back