Massaging CJ7 leaf packs

Had a hose clamp on one of the springs on my 3B before I put new springs on it. It was probably over 20 years old and still holding but not a pretty solution. Until a few days ago when I started this idea in my head I didn't know replacements existed. Any particular style better than the other? Some use bolts, some you bend into place....

Had a hose clamp on one of the springs on my 3B before I put new springs on it. It was probably over 20 years old and still holding but not a pretty solution. Until a few days ago when I started this idea in my head I didn't know replacements existed. Any particular style better than the other? Some use bolts, some you bend into place....
The u bolt style is pretty good. Makes changing (adding more) the setup a little easier as long as you don’t cut them too short. The bend ones are alright. Just get a clamp or something to squeeze it all together so it’s tight when you hammer them over.

Captain obvious has overlooked the obvious. I have an old set of stock height rear cj springs. I think I'll double up the shortest and longest on the rear pack and see how that sits.

Attachments

• 20210308_130928.jpg
    20210308_130928.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 109
Back