Max trailer weight

TheGeneral

I just bought an F-700 Dump truck that I plan on towing a heavy equipment trailer and a small trackhoe with. The door plate says the gross vehicle weight is 28,000. From what I understand that means that the truck by itself with the bed loaded cant weigh more than 28k. So my question is where do I find out how much trailer weight I can have? I dont want to go out and buy a trackhoe that I cant tow legally.

the best way to find out is to go weigh your truck and trailer, then subtract that amount from 28,000. i do know someone that regularly pulls 32,000 with a duramax and a car trailer. it works ok, just make sure you have everything working properly and the correct weight on your vehicle tag. you will also need a cdl class a to tow more than 10,000lbs.

if your over 26,000 and you are you will need a federal inspection on your truck instead of a regular window sticker. also if you cross state lines you will need a log book. if you stay within 100 miles of your "home base" within state you do not need a logbook.

I just bought an F-700 Dump truck that I plan on towing a heavy equipment trailer and a small trackhoe with. The door plate says the gross vehicle weight is 28,000. From what I understand that means that the truck by itself with the bed loaded cant weigh more than 28k. So my question is where do I find out how much trailer weight I can have? I dont want to go out and buy a trackhoe that I cant tow legally.

does is say GVW? or GCVW?

Greg

Back