Medial blasting

jovibuilt

Looking to have a small section of frame done. Cab back on a ranger. Don't want sand because the motor is still in the truck. Asheville or Hickory. Thanks

I don't see how sand would hurt it. If you're that worried about it, use a cup brush on an angle grinder and prep it yourself. I have had projects soda blasted and wouldn't do it again. Soda didn't remove everything and it leaves a film that paint won't adhere to, which will need to be neutralized.

I don't see how sand would hurt it. If you're that worried about it, use a cup brush on an angle grinder and prep it yourself. I have had projects soda blasted and wouldn't do it again. Soda didn't remove everything and it leaves a film that paint won't adhere to, which will need to be neutralized.

It takes an extra step before the primer to get it ready to stick. If it didn't get everything off he didn't spend enough time blasting. That coating will actually prevent flash rust for several days where sand will rust overnight. Soda also doesn't cause alot of heat causing warpage in thin panels and when you wash the soda it dissolves and disappears where sand gets caught in every crack and everytime you hit a bump sand falls out.

My comments were aimed more toward undercoating and large chunks of crud. Soda works great on painted body panels. I wouldn't want to pay for someone to blast a chassis with it.

I don't know anyone that does dustless blasting but that could be a good option.

To the OP, what are your plans for painting after prep is complete?

Yes soda won't take off the heavy stuff, a little prep before hand would have to be done.
I know someone that does mobile soda blasting and another that does mobile dustless blasting but I'm nowhere close to yalls area.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

What about blasting with black beauty(? Not sure on name, havent seen a bag of it in 14+ years) (Obsidian I think, used for paving, tires and media blasting), it's a black sand but it's a little larger than sand.

Edit: yep I was right on product name, probably wrong composition, but that's what it reminds me of. BLACK BEAUTY ®

Back