Mercedes Powered Cherokee

Trying to get a lot of little things done this week. I painted all three wiper arms and got them back on the jeep. Removed bumpers. Drilled holes for new winch (Apparently my winch does not have the standard mount locations). Also made a bracket to mount my CB antenna to my rear bumper. I dropped bumpers to Powder Coater early this morning. The d-ring pictured will be the new color for the bumpers.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 487
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 484
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 458
Bumpers at powder coater,
Rear bumper complete...

Attachments

• Jeep3.jpg
    Jeep3.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 367
  • Jeep5.jpg
    Jeep5.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 374
Pressure washed carpet one more time. Carpets look pretty good overall.

Attachments

• jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 385
I'm going to back track a bit here. This is a pic of the donor car I bought several years ago. The car was very clean. It did have a bad transmission and the dash was cracked from the son pretty bad. I bought it for 1250.00 and was able to drive it home. I pulled everything under the hood I needed and then I parted the rest of the car out. This was much cheaper for me than trying to buy a motor on ebay plus I was able to get everything under the hood I needed as well.

I will have some more updates soon just been busy and haven't had time to take some pics

Attachments

• Merc1.JPG
    Merc1.JPG
    138.5 KB · Views: 366
Glad to someone else doing a Mercedes diesel swap. I am going to be swapping a little larger Mercedes diesel into a much larger Cherokee (OM606 into an 83 4 door Cherokee). Waiting for the weather to improve.

Good luck.

Finished installing JCR Off Road roof rack with Pro Comp lights. Gave the jeep a much needed bath. The jeep has not seen the outside in a long time... Pressure washed the underside in preparation for under-coating it. Also got my gas tank back from powder coater. Lastly- I swapped out my 4.56 gears for 4.88s. I have ben doing some research and I think the 4.88s are the better choice.

Attachments

• x4.jpg
    x4.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 469
  • x1.jpg
    x1.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 466
  • x2.jpg
    x2.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 451
A little mock up for my 8.25 rear. I am going with a T N T gusset. Also pulled all the rubber fuel lines. They are dry rotted so I'm going to replace them all. I am also going to bypass the stock fuel filter. There is one mounted on the motor so I won't need the jeep one. I will also degrease the under carriage for the 3rd time this week. Still got a lot of grime and grease to remove before I undercoat everything.

Attachments

• 825.jpg
    825.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 392
  • bypass.jpg
    bypass.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 384
Back