Michigan invades

Square D

That's right I'm invading your state for a while. I didn't see an intro section so here I am. My company has givin me the opertunity to spend from 4 monthes to 2 years in NC overseeing some const. projects. The determining factor was wheeling in another state for a while. The wife and I spend a lot of time on the trails in MI and my hope is to hook up with some of you and see what NC wheeling is all about. I'm not sure when I'll be there yet, but I'll spend some time on here before hand and hopfully get a feel for the east coast :Rockon:
I'll be in the Raleigh-Durham area in some place called Cary so I'm hoping the good wheeling isn't too far away. My local board is www.michiganjeepers.com
check it out.

Till later
[D]

If you're into rocks, we've generally got rocks with a coating of mud on them in the western part of the state. The eastern part has mud. There are some GREAT trails in the NC/ east TN areas - Ever heard of a little place called Tellico? ;) There's a new park in KY that's about 6 hours away, one in WV that's looking to open, etc...

We're primarily biased towards rockcrawling, but there's something for everyone out here.

Welcome!

Square D said:
I'll be in the Raleigh-Durham area in some place called Cary so I'm hoping the good wheeling isn't too far away. check it out.

[D]

Cary is an Acronym that turned into a town,

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees, most are from the north east, enjoy the traffic !

being from IL myself, I wasn't of enough class to move there. I got stuck in moonshine country.

Welcome to NC !

Hey Chris :flipoff2:

Kevin

Welcome. What area of MI are you coming from? You're not a Upper are you?

well, compared to some places ive been, cary traffic isnt bad at all. but compared to where i live, cary traffic is a freakin nightmare. course, if i pass more than 2 cars on the way to the fire house traffic is busier than normal (long live moonshine country :Rockon: ). anyway, welcome to north carolina. check out the upcoming events board, all sorts of trail rides will pop up.

Duane

I reside in a town called Lowell(small) just outside Grand Rapids(big) and I work in GR.
Not a yooper, I have all my own teeth, an education and I'm not married to a family member :D There's a chance I may be buggin you guys for a couple years depending on the job.
As for the wheeling, Rocks are about the only thing I haven't delved into but I'll give er he!!. I'm looking forward to exploring as soon as I get there so don't be suprised if I start buggin people to show me around "the spots"

[D]

Square D said:
Not a yooper, I have all my own teeth, an education and I'm not married to a family member :D

What's a yooper? Other than the stuff you hinted at... (sounds like some stereotypes we get south of the mason dixon line)...

Sounds like you might like rural NC a little more than the HOA rules and general uptightness of the containment area... (No offense Chris and others, I know ya'll are doing your best to help fix that issue)...

do you work for Square D the electronics (i guess thats how you would catagorise it) company? if so there was one big Square D building right outside of Raleigh but it closed down for some reason, when i saw it i couldn't believe that such a big company was going out of business, but i guess they just relocated.
any way, welcome to NC!

1) a yooper is someone from the upper peninsula of MI (escanaba in the moonlight?)
2) Square D makes electrical distribution equipment, I just install it(sounded like a good screen name)
3)All I know about NC is what I've gotten off a map.

Cary is where a string of commercial day care centers will be built appx 6 of them.
I would like to be somewhat close to them while they're being built, but don't mind a small commute, so any suggestions of where I might live while down there would be appreciated. I'm thinking that I would like to find an apartment furnished w/ short term lease for the wife and I. No kids.

Until I get there, all of you are invited to MI to \/\/heel with the \/\/HORE's :Rockon:

orange150 said:
do you work for Square D the electronics (i guess thats how you would catagorise it) company? if so there was one big Square D building right outside of Raleigh but it closed down for some reason, when i saw it i couldn't believe that such a big company was going out of business, but i guess they just relocated.
any way, welcome to NC!

That Square D facility (in Knightdale) was shut down and moved to MEXICO !

NAFTA, Yer soakin in it !!!

Kevin

Cary is where a string of commercial day care centers will be built appx 6 of them.

All six in Cary ?

area these a franchise (Kindercare) or operated by a corp. for employees ?

Just wondering.

Kevin

Square D said:
Not a yooper, I have all my own teeth, an education and I'm not married to a family member
[D]

Then you better move to Cary or Chapel Hill...you ain't gonna fit in anywhere else around here... :D

Actually, look down in Apex. Not that far away and much nicer.

lomodyj said:
Actually, look down in Apex. Not that far away and much nicer.

And if an extra 5 minutes on your commute is worth saving a TON of money, there's Holly Springs.

Rich said:
And if an extra 5 minutes on your commute is worth saving a TON of money, there's Holly Springs.
Agreed! You could live in Holly Springs with all the other "Generally Grumpy" people... ;)

Blkvoodoo said:
That Square D facility (in Knightdale) was shut down and moved to MEXICO !

NAFTA, Yer soakin in it !!!

Kevin

the fact that Ervin wouldnt move his junk yard didnt exactly entice them to keep the property either.

Duane

Welcome

There are several small communities just south and west of Cary, would probably do you good to shop around.
Cary is known for it's high rent/housing costs.
I said south and east because north and east is Raleigh and you probably want to avoid the traffic there.

Just my $.02

Welcome to NC!!!

:driver:

PS I'm about 45 min from Cary, so if I can be of assistance, feel free to PM me.

I looked at some listings online and seen, what I think, is pretty reasonable prices.
Can someone give me an idea of average rent? 1 bedroom non ghetto.
Better yet, anybody have a one bedroom, furnished apt they can hook a brotha up for a few monthes.

I think you can get a 1-2BR around me for $600-800 a month.

Square D said:
That's right I'm invading your state for a while. I didn't see an intro section so here I am. My company has givin me the opertunity to spend from 4 monthes to 2 years in NC overseeing some const. projects. The determining factor was wheeling in another state for a while. The wife and I spend a lot of time on the trails in MI and my hope is to hook up with some of you and see what NC wheeling is all about. I'm not sure when I'll be there yet, but I'll spend some time on here before hand and hopfully get a feel for the east coast :Rockon:
I'll be in the Raleigh-Durham area in some place called Cary so I'm hoping the good wheeling isn't too far away. My local board is www.michiganjeepers.com
check it out.

Till later
[D]

Hey I just moved to New Bern From St. Joe...Iam Brian04TJ on MJ....good to see another MI person

Back