MICKEY MOUSE CHASSIS # 1

Sweet! What are the final specs going to be?

DBrown2 said:
Looks good, on the tube work.

I just Yawn everytime I see a Jeep Grill :rolleyes: on a buggy now.
the Cruiser front end was almost twice as much, and I'm not putting a Mini Cooper front end on it. No brand loyalty here,just whatever is in the budget.

BIGWOODY said:
the Cruiser front end was almost twice as much, and I'm not putting a Mini Cooper front end on it. No brand loyalty here,just whatever is in the budget.

Greg, real jeeps have seven slots LOL
Actually, I don't understand the idea of you skinning it anyway, after seeing the last rig you owned!
Looks sweet though man, hope to get to wheel with you again

Greg, definitely sweet! 7 slots or not, I like it! (at least you went Jeep) :beer:

A few questions:

1) What are the dimensions & wall of tube?

2) What was the reason for the flat rockers as opposed to angling them on a 45*?

3) Also wondering about the bottom side.... possible flat belly?

Caver Dave said:
Greg, definitely sweet! 7 slots or not, I like it! (at least you went Jeep) :beer:

A few questions:

1) What are the dimensions & wall of tube?

2) What was the reason for the flat rockers as opposed to angling them on a 45*?

3) Also wondering about the bottom side.... possible flat belly?

1.75" dom 1.20 wall for most of the chassis, the nerf bars and overhead bars are 1.80 wall. There will be a mix of 1", 1.5", 1.25" dom tubing for the subframe,seat bars etc..

the subframe will be angled in from the rockers down, it will have a flat belly pan.

The skins I'll admit are purley for looks, they will be able to be removed for jackass type wheeling.

BIGWOODY said:
1.75" dom 1.20 wall for most of the chassis, the nerf bars and overhead bars are 1.80 wall. There will be a mix of 1", 1.5", 1.25" dom tubing for the subframe,seat bars etc..

the subframe will be angled in from the rockers down, it will have a flat belly pan.

The skins I'll admit are purley for looks, they will be able to be removed for jackass type wheeling.
Yeah like we do any JACKASS wheeling!!!!!!!!Hey let me stroke the LT1 and hook you up with the engine harness computer mods!!!!!! :huggy:

bigassedredjeep said:
est. completion date? looking good,.
all depends on cash flow....trying not to go into debt on this. I still have to buy a few high dollar items for the motor and get the chassis powder coated. Anyone need a good ; diesel Mecedes/ VW eurovan 5spd./ etc..? come on...give till it hurts... :flipoff2:

Subframe, stinger/winch mount, rear winch ( or automatic adjustable band aid), fuel cell/tool box tray, done...A few updated pics

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a336_STONEAMY_MVC_002S.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a336_STONEAMY_MVC_004S.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a336_STONEAMY_MVC_006S.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a336_STONEAMY_MVC_008S.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a336_STONEAMY_MVC_009S.jpg

pretty flexible fiberglass....

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a336_STONEAMY_MVC_007S.jpg

BIGWOODY said:
rear winch ( or automatic adjustable band aid)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess that depends on who is building your rear suspension. :flipoff2:

Very nice build btw, the lines on your buggy are awesome IMO.

Beastforty said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess that depends on who is building your rear suspension. :flipoff2:

Very nice build btw, the lines on your buggy are awesome IMO.

It'll be double triangulated .250 wall dom links with a rock equipment sway bar in the rear, so hopefully the rear winch will just be used to control some down hill unloading. But, it's gonna cost me as much to build ONE of the links as Tempoffroad has in his whole rear suspension.. :confused:

Thanks for the compliment on the chassis even though the design is somewhat stolen, but polished.

you guys aren't finished with it yet? figured that you'd have it out testing at the next open ride at the PG.. :flipoff2:

what's the plans for the flexible fiberglass? skins?? where did ya get it??

oh, and what's this open-ended tube for, sway bar i assume?
ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a336_STONEAMY_MVC_006S.jpg

That piece of fiberglass is some we trimmed off the cowl. The side panels will be aluminum and painted. As far as being finished, it's going to be an 06' model. Yes the tube is for the rear sway bar, notice the the mounting tabs, Jim whipped those out with a hole saw and some plate.

BIGWOODY said:
Yes the tube is for the rear sway bar, notice the the mounting tabs, Jim whipped those out with a hole saw and some plate.

i'm too slow, you answered in the reply above while i was typing..

good luck with it, looking good

Back