Mini jeep mowers

Loganwayne

#BTL
I believe they were made by Roof Palomino? has anyone seen one or know of their value? or really any information on them, i cant really find much about them except they were stupid expensive for a mower back in the day. long story short me and the girlfriends dad will be cleaning out his dads shop in the next year, their is one for sure that i have seen, but he said there is probably one more if not two under all the other junk in shop. His dad was a mechanic for years and when he got older he switched to lawn mowers and yard tractors. He is willing to work out a deal for me on them for cleaning the building anyways. i was thinking of possibly turning one into a golf cart. or if they are 4wd using it to make a mini wheeler with a 4wheeler motor. or possibly both if their is more than one. BUT i dont want to do that if they are rare/ collectible.
post-82682-0-56445100-1462405144.jpeg

Gov deals had some for sale years ago. 1973 Palomino Riding Mower - GovDeals.com. Around 2k for one in rough shape. Seems like some had a pto and rear mower for roadways.
Mower | eWillys
Also had a ebay listing for 20k for one in like condition. Don't know if I like them that much lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

From what I could see the one that I saw was rust free and in good shape and had turf tires on it.
Just because he is asking 20 grand doesn't mean it's gonna sell. But if that is what they are selling for then I'll have to restore them lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So I'll ask the dumb question: where is the mower deck? This thing looks more like a vehicle you'd get around in than really being designed to be a mower. The turning radius would be pretty lousy in comparison.

So I'll ask the dumb question: where is the mower deck? This thing looks more like a vehicle you'd get around in than really being designed to be a mower. The turning radius would be pretty lousy in comparison.
i think some models were pull behind mowers, some had a deck under it like a standard mower.

i'm sure the turning would have sucked but it was also made around the late 60s and with an almost 5' deck i don't think it was designed for the average persons back yard. i was looking and retail was almost 1800 bucks in 1968.

Thanks for finding something I did not know I needed. Now I must have one. BTW I saw omix Ada sells a body for a mini Jeep this am but is 1700 bucks

I didn't know I needed one till I saw it sitting there and then it was like love at first sight. If I get it and don't use it for anything but putting around the yard and parades I'd be happy

Ya I saw that once I started looking for them but realized this isnt one of those

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We could rig up a little crane for moving axles around so Forky doesn't have to. :lol:
Who needs a pneumatic-tired forklift when you've got a Jeep?

I'll say what everyone on J-O said about me buying the Commando: DO IT! :D

EDIT: Heck, if we just pull drivelines with the forklift, you could cut the bottom off the engine hoist and weld a swivel mount in the Jeep. Those caster wheels suck ass anyways.

Damn I thought this was a thread about pretending your mower was a jeep, bc I know I'm not the only guy who "wheels" his mower!?
But this has potential to be way better than I thought.

I got a buddy that has one his has a 60" give or take belly mounted mower deck and is hydrostatic driven It's pretty cool to ride in excellent cut also

Better question, did this ever work out? We need an update with pictures.

Back