Moped rider killed by Billy Lane

Sure !!
Here's the second one.
I like Billy Lane :burnout:
**not that i'm condoning what he did in any way.
left.jpg

sweet pendent:Rockon:

sweet pendent:Rockon:

There's a pendant in there somewhere? :huggy:

I've met a lot who see... double yellow lines as merely suggestions for those less skilled than themselves.

Has nothing to do with skill.

Passing zones are based on exposure time and visibility... I.e. if you're going xx mph, and the average vehicle is xx feet long, then you'll need xxx feet to pass a car. If there's enough room by whatever calculation they use, then you have a passing zone. (excluding other factors like side streets, etc)

Now, take the average 16foot long car.. divide that by 2.. now you've got 1/2 the exposure time - (my bike is a little under 7ft long, but I'm keeping it simple)

Half that since a bike is not even half the width of a car (but we'll say 1/2 to allow for pigs like a hardley), now you're to 1/4 the exposure time, and I haven't even begun to consider the acceleration capabilities (since we'd never speed while making a pass :rolleyes: ) of the average motorcycle (50-90 takes just over 4 seconds in 6th gear.. put the engine in its powerband and it drops dramatically)

Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's not nearly as "dangerous and reckless" as car drivers make it out to be.

I like Billy Lane's bikes & his attitude for the most part......but, killing someone (moped man) while breaking multiple traffic laws (passing double yellow, speeding, & possible alcohol) has to have consequences no matter who you are.

He'll get all lawyered up & make a run @ gettin' off......pisses me off.

He might as well buy a white Bronco & some Bruno Magli shoes.....too bad for him Johnnie Cochrane died.

That is all......rant -off-

There's a pendant in there somewhere? :huggy:
Has nothing to do with skill.
Passing zones are based on exposure time and visibility... I.e. if you're going xx mph, and the average vehicle is xx feet long, then you'll need xxx feet to pass a car. If there's enough room by whatever calculation they use, then you have a passing zone. (excluding other factors like side streets, etc)
Now, take the average 16foot long car.. divide that by 2.. now you've got 1/2 the exposure time - (my bike is a little under 7ft long, but I'm keeping it simple)
Half that since a bike is not even half the width of a car (but we'll say 1/2 to allow for pigs like a hardley), now you're to 1/4 the exposure time, and I haven't even begun to consider the acceleration capabilities (since we'd never speed while making a pass :rolleyes: ) of the average motorcycle (50-90 takes just over 4 seconds in 6th gear.. put the engine in its powerband and it drops dramatically)
Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's not nearly as "dangerous and reckless" as car drivers make it out to be.

I get that. I have a motorcycle. :)

It's just a certain mindset. There are some folks I've ridden with that consistantly want to run 75+ on roads where the speed limit is 45 and there are almost no passing zones. The speed limit is 45 for a reason. Lots of curves and lots of driveways. Now if it was a test track, and you were sure grandpa wasn't pulling out into the road on his Farmall just around that corner, you could safely go the speed these guys want to run. So you have people bent on riding fast and "slow" cars in your way so there's lots of double-yellow passing involved.

That's the mindset I've seen in action. Excessive speed for conditions and determination to pass "that @#%! slow cage" no matter what.

Maybe I should find different people to ride with. :-D

This is way off from the Billy Lane story except I immediately wondered, "what the heck was he thinking?"

...and Billy Lane was not driving a motorcycle when he hit the moped, he was in a Dodge quadcab pickup.

Someone needs to start a 'show your Billy Lane autograph' thread :popcorn:

Back