MOTD (Meme of the Day)

The First Karen 1939.jpg

I started an experiment last fall.
I took $5k I had that I didnt have a use for and split it in half. I put $2,500 in an etrade account and $2,500 in an offshore sports book account.
I allow myself 1 hour per week of research for each account.

Prior to playing around some with the GME AMC BS.....the sports book was winning. Now the stock market is ahead slightly.
Both are "up" for whatever its worth

I do believe according to the scientific method, step 3 requires a hypothesis prior to experimentation. Inquiring minds want to know...what was yours?

Pretty sure "Hookers and Blow" would have it's own return benefits :rockon::huggy::lol:
Wasn't going that far....no need in lifetime "benefits" of ill health or guilt.

Last edited:
Wasn't going that far....no need in lifetime "benefits" of I'll health or guilt.
What's this "guilt" you speak of?
Is that an optional add on to that dealer deleted accessory known as "feelings"

Ive read on several gamlbing forums its bull shit.
From what ive read no US book would accept more than $2k tickets on a single prop.

Apparently he did make the 50k bet, but the sports book limited 1k on it, then didn't pay out at all when it was found that he was involved in it. So he lost his bet money but has a cool misdemeanor on is record now :laughing:

Duane

So he tried to bet $50k but theyd only let him bet $1k and then he forfeited it....and could be looking at further charges for fixing a gaming contest

A friend of mine got tired of kids playing mailbox baseball with his, so he took 1/4" thick cold rolled steel and formed it into a mailbox. the back wall and door were both made out of 1/4" steel. It was welded to an 8 foot long stick of 2" 1/4" wall tubing and buried it 4 feet into the ground in a cement form. it probably would have stopped a car at speed.

One night, he hear's the familiar sound of an engine revving down the street and the car going by his mailbox. "Ping" goes the aluminum baseball bat, followed by the girlish cries and whimpers of a 220 lb. lineman who just shattered both wrists. The mailbox pictured here looks like a lot less work for the same results. :)

A friend of mine got tired of kids playing mailbox baseball with his, so he took 1/4" thick cold rolled steel and formed it into a mailbox. the back wall and door were both made out of 1/4" steel. It was welded to an 8 foot long stick of 2" 1/4" wall tubing and buried it 4 feet into the ground in a cement form. it probably would have stopped a car at speed.

One night, he hear's the familiar sound of an engine revving down the street and the car going by his mailbox. "Ping" goes the aluminum baseball bat, followed by the girlish cries and whimpers of a 220 lb. lineman who just shattered both wrists. The mailbox pictured here looks like a lot less work for the same results. :)
I have a similar story but unfortunately it was from the guy on the other end of the bat, sure did teach him and all us stupid high schoolers a lesson

An old army buddy told a similar story about his grandpa. Said folks would rake all of their leaves by the road in the neighborhood and the city would come scoop them up. This was in Connecticut. Shit head teenagers would drive through the piles of leaves at night and scatter them all back into everyone’s yards and in the street. My buddy’s grandpa took an anvil from his shop, put it by the road and raked all of his leaves back up around it. Said he heard what sounded like train wreck in the middle of the night. Next morning there was a trail of oil and chunks of oil pan and whatever else heading up the road. Never had his leaves scattered again.

Back