MOTD (Meme of the Day)

25C358F9-0E7D-4C3A-B546-7E2778FF9D4A_jpe-1920140.JPG

Buy a drill battery adapter off Amazon and let the burnouts begin.
View attachment 344731

Thanks for the heads up...was planning on going with an M18xc set up and would ya just look at that...

Thanks to @Chris_Keziah I bought the same one after the meet and greet last year. My kid can pop wheelies with the 18v.

I will throw out this piece of advice. Those electric motors in the Power Wheels are only rated up to 18v I believe. You'll have to check to make sure but I'd hate to see a good upgrade go bad. The 18v IMO is plenty of juice.

Thanks for the heads up...was planning on going with an M18xc set up and would ya just look at that...

Thanks to @Chris_Keziah I bought the same one after the meet and greet last year. My kid can pop wheelies with the 18v.

I will throw out this piece of advice. Those electric motors in the Power Wheels are only rated up to 18v I believe. You'll have to check to make sure but I'd hate to see a good upgrade go bad. The 18v IMO is plenty of juice.
I have the 20v de Walt on both of ours. The only problem we have had is stripping the plastic gears.

I have the 20v de Walt on both of ours. The only problem we have had is stripping the plastic gears.
There is no such thing as a contemporary 20v power tool battery. The DeWalt/Porter Cable/Harbor Freight/etc 20v batteries are 18v batteries that are marketed as 20v because no one polices this. They have a nominal rating of 18 volts and a measured voltage of 20 volts when they are fresh off the charger, just like any other18v power tool battery. So you will have no issue with the "20 volt" batteries ;)

There is no such thing as a contemporary 20v power tool battery. The DeWalt/Porter Cable/Harbor Freight/etc 20v batteries are 18v batteries that are marketed as 20v because no one polices this. They have a nominal rating of 18 volts and a measured voltage of 20 volts when they are fresh off the charger, just like any other18v power tool battery. So you will have no issue with the "20 volt" batteries ;)
B4F0E578-5649-47C6-9F83-C90D80424932.jpeg

Id imagine it’s the childhood equivalent of a 7k pull with 10lbs of boost on a junkyard engine. Teach em young???

I know for a fact that a Power Wheels will run on two 12V batteries out of a UPS wired in series.

I also know that it will burn the tires down and fishtail all over the place. And also when you put sheetmetal screws in the tires it will almost do a backflip and eventually explode the motor.

I ran a Power Wheels 6V Jeep juiced up to 24V, then when it exploded the motor I stuck a new motor in it and removed the screws and it lasted for a couple years till they got a PW Gator SXS thing. That also lasted forever on 24V. Traction was a major issue though. :lol:

Well, what the hell do I know. That's just shit I read and I didn't want to grenade the kids ride. I put BMX tires with the sidewalls cut out on our wheels and it definitely plays hell on the gears and the actual motor position. I've had to readjust the motors numerous times and try and screw them in place buy they keep tearing out. We're thinning the herd anyway and I'm ditching it onto someone else.

Back