MOTD (Meme of the Day)

B2F152E4-4857-451E-B5A0-377C498BB00D-2007652.jpg

I LOVE seeing all these tired recycled memes dumped at once. Don't support like whores. Looking at you @ponykilr and @Tom@Hilltop_Machine
Its a consistent complaint from multiple folks.

Best I can figure someone somewhere decided that NC4x4 likes have a tangible monetary value akin to BTC. So instead of suing the upload all in 1 post method we have a few users who load multiple single pic posts regualrly thereby maximizing their likes.

The primary issue, is pages are driven by post counts So depending on your individual settings and device settings a user will see 10/25/50 posts per page. We have a few folks who will eat a couple pages by themselves daily.
It used to really aggravate me and a while back I even suggested to @shawn we just disable the entire like system, but I guess its good for engagement and retention and thus revenue so I lost. Maybe we should just institute a minimum 30 second post cool down. Or a mandatory video ad to post more than X times per X period. That way at least the forum can recoop the added cost of the file storage bloat..

But its definitely spammy.

I just consider it the netiquette equivalent of leaving your shopping cart in the middle of the aisle instead of returning it to the corral. - Its the easiest and best solution for you regardless of the inconvenience it causes every single other user.
It's not going to cause me to dislike someone or de-friend them for solely that activity but it definitely alters how I view them

That’s not in the slightest what I’m doing, could give a shit about likes. If you post 5 memes in one post and somebody quotes it you don’t know which picture they're commenting on. I save up things I see and dump them when I get a notion.

Damn interwebs is serious bidness apparently.

That’s not in the slightest what I’m doing, could give a shit about likes. If you post 5 memes in one post and somebody quotes it you don’t know which picture they're commenting on. I save up things I see and dump them when I get a notion.

Damn interwebs is serious bidness apparently.
Ron's scrolling finger is broken.

I just figured @Tom@Hilltop_Machine and @ponykilr were old folks who didn't internet much and thought they had found new stuff :lol:
I am old enough to remember the internet before memes......but due to my complete lack of a social media foot print....perhaps that time never actually existed.....did memes start being a thing a before this thread started?

I am old enough to remember the internet before memes......but due to my complete lack of a social media foot print....perhaps that time never actually existed.....did memes start being a thing a before this thread started?
Yeah that was my thinking....it's mostly all new material to me.....and if I chuckled before I'm probably gonna chuckle again.

did memes start being a thing a before this thread started?

Yes...I also used to despise memes, strewn with misspellings and folks would try to post them as some sort of rebuttal rather than having an original thought. In my opinion, about the time this thread started is probably about the time memes evolved and began being funny to me.

Yes...I also used to despise memes, strewn with misspellings and folks would try to post them as some sort of rebuttal rather than having an original thought. In my opinion, about the time this thread started is probably about the time memes evolved and began being funny to me.
This is actually how I was too. I used to call them "pictures with words on them" because they were so dumb. Then they became an outlet for witty stuff and political stuff. So I started a thread with this one that is pre-squat truck...
ascontent_ord1_1.xx.fbcdn.net_hphotos_xft1_v_t1.0_9_12043157_11e84cb1ce39436049f6807fb55e23021.jpg

This is actually how I was too. I used to call them "pictures with words on them" because they were so dumb. Then they became an outlet for witty stuff and political stuff. So I started a thread with this one that is pre-squat truck...
View attachment 352345
LoL, I saw this when I first opened this thread and busted up laughing at the jacket. I knew so many douchebags in college (in 1993) that hit the mark on this.

Back