MOTD (Meme of the Day)

FB_IMG_1638454375089.jpg

Or sitting there on E like most folks drive around…

It took 5 years of marriage to train my wife to keep her car full.

1638478531104.png

Yeah a Tesla model S on a full battery charge can maintain a 70 degree cabin in 0F ambient for 70 hours...
They say expect a 40% less range in cold snowy or rainy weather. 🤷‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ Better keep it charged up, i guess no different than gas burner.

According to google...Triple A says you burn a gallon of gas per hour when idling in a car. So even at 42hrs (70hrs x 60%), you'd need a vehicle with 42gal gas tank to stay warm as long as you would in a Tesla. Google also says, a new 7.3 Ford has a gas tank either 34gal or 48 gal (depending on wheelbase), and I doubt there are many larger gas tanks out there. Google also says you consume about .8gal of diesel/hr...and you can do the math from there.

According to google...Triple A says you burn a gallon of gas per hour when idling in a car. So even at 42hrs (70hrs x 60%), you'd need a vehicle with 42gal gas tank to stay warm as long as you would in a Tesla. Google also says, a new 7.3 Ford has a gas tank either 34gal or 48 gal (depending on wheelbase), and I doubt there are many larger gas tanks out there. Google also says you consume about .8gal of diesel/hr...and you can do the math from there.
Google also says a lot of stupid bullshit like Biden and Pelosi are good and Orange man is bad.

Google also says a lot of stupid bullshit like Biden and Pelosi are good and Orange man is bad.

Yeah...but the data points I was looking for seemed to logically track, and I didn't feel like letting my own vehicles idle for an hour to confirm.

Back