MOTD (Meme of the Day)

F3086ABD-6E11-42DC-8076-7D17A3CFAA11.jpeg

Except there are people that buy or make electric cars just bc of the torque/fun factor.
Question is how do they (or any other EV owner) supplement the tax revenue lost by not paying taxes on gas/diesel but they drive on the road? I know it’s probably negligible but? Is there a road tax applied at the charging stations? Honestly asking cause I don’t know.

Question is how do they (or any other EV owner) supplement the tax revenue lost by not paying taxes on gas/diesel but they drive on the road? I know it’s probably negligible but? Is there a road tax applied at the charging stations? Honestly asking cause I don’t know.
I've heard rumors that different states are going to add on the road taxes during annual registration fees...but those are just rumors.

In MD there's a form you fill out, and mail your dues in.

Now, what % do it.... anybody's guess.

I do know my buddy w/ the electric converted 12 sec 67 El Camino, who doesn't give a shit about energy savings, pays his :D.

Back