MOTD (Meme of the Day)

What gets me is 2 days after Biden says that taxes will pay for the damages. If it wasn’t an attack then the shipping company and their insurance are on the hook 100%. It’s just funny that that’s not being discussed. This recovery will be astronomically expensive
The government will front the cost to build it and get things back up and going as quickly as possible, then the insurance companies will reimburse the government. Can't wait around for all the insurance bullshit and lawsuits to hash themselves out to get it fixed back up.

So technically he isn't wrong. He just isn't right either. He basically said what any president or politician would in this situation. I don't like Biden (or Trump either) but you are kidding yourself if you think anyone would say anything different in an election year.

1711678590860.png

What gets me is 2 days after Biden says that taxes will pay for the damages. If it wasn’t an attack then the shipping company and their insurance are on the hook 100%. It’s just funny that that’s not being discussed. This recovery will be astronomically expensive
How many insurance companies can stroke a $1 Billion dollar check. And make no mistake the $400MM number being thrown around is fantasy. The $400MM number relies on reusing existing pilings...which even if they weren't structurally damaged, don't meet current code minimum for new construction. I was in a meeting with [edit] a major Cvil Engineering firm with an intestate division [/edit] on Wednesday in Raleigh. Now naturally I wasn't meeting with bridge folks but electrical engineers who share the same office. They said colleagues in the office had said given 2024 steel prices, labor shortages, the expediting costs and the fact that its a government project that must happen, so no one is bidding cheap, that $1B is the floor and they think it could surpass $1.2B. There simply arent many companies capable of writing that check.

Its the old adage, when you owe the bank $10,000 you have a problem. When you owe the bank $10,000,000 the bank has a problem.

The insurer - assuming one is even present, will file bankruptcy and go away. Of course re-emerging the next day under a new name and the tax payers will be left to foot the bill.

That might work in a .gov building, but around here we pull up and the occupants haven't skipped a beat. "Hey Mr. Fireman can you turn this thing off???" :dumbass:

Duane
I liked when I was the designated safety person on our floor. I'd get advance notice of drills and didn't have to leave after making sure everyone else was gone. I told the others on the floor they'd know it wasn't a drill if I were pushing them out of the way on my way out.

Back