BigSouth

Doesn't play well with others!
Located in Lincolnton, NC

Anybody know them?
Recommend them?

Located in Lincolnton, NC

Anybody know them?
Recommend them?

I've been Facebook friends with him for years. Started out a few years ago as a mobile repair and home shop guy on the side and grew it into a full time business. Seems like a good dude.

So lil sis came by the house today to show me what she had done to her Jeep. I’m borderline furious! This shop welded on a new track bar mount, replaced the track bar because it was “worn”, 4 new ball joints, balanced her tires, and did an alignment. The numbers on here just ain’t adding up (figuratively and actually speaking). They fat fingered the calculator and added $200 to the bill. Luckily, the shop refunded her the overage. Anybody else think these prices are a bit inflated?
598C8192-CBB0-4144-999A-410A190D589C.jpeg

@Jody Treadway @Chris_Keziah

So lil sis came by the house today to show me what she had done to her Jeep. I’m borderline furious! This shop welded on a new track bar mount, replaced the track bar because it was “worn”, 4 new ball joints, balanced her tires, and did an alignment. The numbers on here just ain’t adding up (figuratively and actually speaking). They fat fingered the calculator and added $200 to the bill. Luckily, the shop refunded her the overage. Anybody else think these prices are a bit inflated?
View attachment 325944
That’s pretty high for a track bar bracket.

She gave me this “I didn’t wanna bother you” excuse when I asked her why she didn’t come to me about it. Looks to me like they’re taking advantage of a pretty face.

View attachment 325944

Lord have mercy that's high. Not to mention it looks like a 4 year filled out the invoice.

Aside from everything else...he claims alignment is all parts and no labor.
Same for balancing tires.

Which is kind of dumb. By his own invoice he is required to pay NC sales tax for those full amounts. Versus if it were labor, as it should be, that changes things...

That’s high as a giraffes pussy man. I did a timing belt/idlers/tensioner/water pump on a tundra while back and didn’t even charge half that parts included, (good friend hookup but still). She got gyped or I need to start doing more ball joints.

For what idiots pay for a brand new Jeep Wrangler then lift it with new tires and bolt on galore I see why they charge this.

It’s outrageous to most of us because our noses are always buried in the cheapest prices of high quality off road parts for our rigs. But this is just another swipe of the credit card to most people who have disposable income.

I could see some shops making good money off of the people who are out there buying brand new impractical jeeps and trucks.

Everyone here is just salty :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ballance tiers?

ooooohhhhhhhh look at Mr. Literate coming in here to show off lol

Good catch lol
Honestly I just want to know what he crossed out so he could misspell tires.

I left them quite the negative review on Google fully expecting it to be ignored completely. Lil sis sent me a screenshot of the text message they sent them after they read it. F’n BIL apparently apologized to the dude :flipoff:!! Some people’s kids. Either way, I’ve left a fair warning to others and a picture of their invoice.

I'm curious what ball joints they installed.
ECGS sells Spicers for around $200 for all 4. I install a ton of them.
I bet they used parts store low grade stuff with a serious markup.

I’d love to see a list of part numbers myself.

Pretty sure that dude used to work at the plant when I was in QC. His work was mediocre, and he was a bit on the strange side. As far as ball joints. I just purchased a set of spicers for both sides of an 2007 rubi on ebay for $107 free shipping and had them in 3 days.

Random question. Have you looked to see if they actually replaced the ball joints and everything on the invoice?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Random question. Have you looked to see if they actually replaced the ball joints and everything on the invoice?

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yes, I looked and all 4 have been replaced.

Back