MY 98 XJ BUILD

ABES-XJ

i have a 98 xj limited. i have never did a write up on a build i have done so i thought i would give it a shot. the way it sits now has 4.5 inch lift with 15x8 crome wheels wrapped in 32x11.50 bfg a/t.
things i plan to do:
buying some black simulated beadlock wheels 15x10 done
want to run 35x12.50x15 done
cut the fender wells out about 2 or so inches done
add 2 inch puck up front and 2 inch shackle in rear
add some adjustable lower control arms in front
build a custom front and rear bumper
build custom steering
8/30/09
ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000194.jpg

ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000193.jpg

well the guy i was supposed to get my wheels from feel thru so looks like if i cant find any b4 this weekend, i will be painting mine black. i think they will look pretty good black :confused:

i work with a guy that does powder coating if you want me to ask i can see how much he will charge but you will be without wheels for a couple of days

you better hurry up and get this thing done so you can take it up to the camping trip in oct.

here are my wheels. 15x10. they have one hell of a back spacing. i dont know what it is but its prob the most i have ever saw. they are a lil ruff but the price was right.
ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000204.jpg

ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000205.jpg

i took out the rusty bolts and sanded a lil and give the a face lift!
ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000202.jpg

i still got to get some new ss bolts ( 64 ) to put back in them.

i also picked up some pins from the local ace hardware. i am going to use them to fab up some quick disconnects for my sway bar.

i am just going to put the pucks under it. i know i would be better off wit a 6.5 but......... inless someone here will buy it for me im goin wit the pucks

here are them pins i got
ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000212.jpg

i got my fender flares off and half way marked before i had to come eat supper. follow the yellow paint line, it knows the way.........

ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000211.jpg

ai934.photobucket.com_albums_ad190_brandonabee_S5000210.jpg

:beer: :beer:

took it wheeling a lil tonight, and no rubbing but i didnt un-do my sway bar in the front. so we see how next time goes

well you could barely call it wheelin, but we just rode around and looked for trails. it did ok. but i took it today up behind the house and i was really impressed with how good it went on bald tires.

Back