My Beast

The Beast

Been lurking here for a while, finally paid my dues so I can post pics.
Just thought I would show my work-in-progress Toyota.

I bought it for $500 a few years ago with a bad tranny and hit in the rear. Added a 4 inch spring lift, some new shocks and chuncked the lift blocks. :rolleyes: Put a truetrac locker in the rear and wheeled it for a while. After tearing out reverse for the third time decided make some changes.

Found an '85 Chevrolet Caprice with a TBI 4.3l $200, was behind a friends house. Was a towed vehicle that had no title. We stuck a battery in it and it fired right up with no smoke :D and I drove it home.
Then I found a junk dealer that an ex-friend had his tranny and transfer case from a K-5 Blazer. Said if I went and picked it up it was mine for $50! Turned out to be an SM465 and NP 205.

So the fabbing began and now I'm down to the last few things before it's road worthy. It's running, but I need to do some wiring, throttle cable, and I have a clutch issue that has been giving me a headache. :(

Someone admiring the truck one day said "That thing sure is a beast, and the name stuck, so now we all call it, "The Beast" So here is a couple of pics, hope to see you on the trail soon. :driver:

The BEAST!:D see you on the trail

Isn't 'BEAST' copyrighted on this board by the infamous Beast inc. recovery team??? :flipoff2:

That shit needs a windshield banner...

Metto said:
more like youll see him in the parking lot with those tires

Well, it's not a trailor queen, I still use it to haul mulch and whatever else I need done around the house. That is why I chose Thornbirds, streetable and do great in the mud, which is what I mostly see.

I actually stopped modding it because Uwharrie is not a challenge at all now unless it's wet/raining. I really don't see the need to out-build the trails it will see. If I mod it anymore, front locker and such, why even go to Uwharrie? My truck is fine for me as is. And if I ever start traveling more (3 young children now), building it more is always an option.

:smokin:

Back