My first roll, at The Flats

VortecJeep

Powered by Uranium-235
Coming down the hill, the rear end just started sliding and we rolled. Thankfully the tree caught us, or we would have kept rolling. Thanks to everyone in the Carolina TrailBlazers who helped get us out of the Jeep, then get the Jeep back over on all 4's.

Attachments

• IMG00268-20120211-1046.jpg
    IMG00268-20120211-1046.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 882
  • IMG00265-20120211-1044.jpg
    IMG00265-20120211-1044.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 877
  • IMG00273-20120211-1644.jpg
    IMG00273-20120211-1644.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 913
Glad nobody got injured. The entertainment of clearing oil out of the cylinders was interesting. Think the first one went about 50ft. Hope to see you back on the trails soon.

we had to cut that tree and another one about the same size to get it turned back over. It was a heck of experience. Just glad nobody was hurt. It took us probably an hour to get it back up.

Matt, did you ever get it to clear out and quit smoking when you got home?

hear tale theres a video somewhere of the roll??

Glad nobody was hurt. That looks like you were headed up trail 1, never seen anybody tool there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

trail was turkey ridge. It's the one when you go up the hill climbs at the upper flats, and go straight, back down towards easy street by-pass. Sharp downhill curve to the right.

Gotcha. That's more of a climb than most people think. Was it slick?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gotcha. That's more of a climb than most people think. Was it slick?
Yes it was slick. While making the turn coming down the hill, the rear just started sliding around and when it caught up with the front end, that's when we started the roll.
Do u have a full cage or is that stock?
Factory cage, but it held up. I'll be looking to upgrade the cage soon though!

I am very glad that everyone came out of the roll good to go! It was a great day of wheeling. I see some flat fenders in his jeeps future!

On the look out for a door for ya bud.

Trim the fenders, beat/pull the sides out and put on some amour, lil tweaking of the soft top frame, and you'll be good to go.
I ran the winch at the top.
Steve brush directed me/relayed Matt's instruction
Kenneth ran the saw
Robbie Mozely provided the saw
Jason Watson ran the winch at the bottom
Many others ran cable, snatch blocks and straps

Big thanks to Matt, I think you hit the only hardwood tree on the entire property!(future fire wood)

Seriously I am very glad everyone was OK.

Another great day of wheeling at The Flats

aside from the obvious 'glad you're not hurt'

hows the link that stopped the roll? that was the 'hybrid' unit that we made from the C casting d44 and DOM, and Im dying to know how that faired.

Fenders, looked light they can be jacked back up in place; be hard to hammer the Hood, back out; will need a door, or skin; windshield frame might respond to body work. That's just my impression from 10' back. Glad your OK, Matt! :huggy:

Chip, thanks for posting names. Again, I can't thank everyone enough!
I want to know what Crystal said, you're probably grounded :huggy:
She posted on Facebook that she knows what to get me for holidays and birthdays...jeep parts and a helmet!
aside from the obvious 'glad you're not hurt'
hows the link that stopped the roll? that was the 'hybrid' unit that we made from the C casting d44 and DOM, and Im dying to know how that faired.
I haven't cleaned it to make sure there are no small cracks in the welds, but my initial 60-second look at it appears that it all held up nicely.

Matthew, I'm glad I didn't ride with you this time! :lol:

...and also glad to know you didn't get hurt. You were just pulling out when we pulled in... don't think you saw us.

Wasnt able to help much with the recovery, But the donated the extension and oil :)

I had no clue that when you turned the motor over with the plugs out after a roll over that the oil would shoot out like that. I'm glad someone told me to move.

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

Chip, thanks for posting names. Again, I can't thank everyone enough!
She posted on Facebook that she knows what to get me for holidays and birthdays...jeep parts and a helmet!
I haven't cleaned it to make sure there are no small cracks in the welds, but my initial 60-second look at it appears that it all held up nicely.

No problem at all.
I am thinking she could get ya some driving lessons LOL JC used to teach the milatary
Scott fields also has some instructiont too I think

kenneth maning the saw.
picture.php

No man. I don't need paid back for that, that's not the way I roll.

Sent from my microwave using a teleportation device.

I Just showed this to Brooke and Maycee, they both asked if Sierra was in there. I told them I didnt know, but everybody was ok.

On a funny note..Maycee asked me if Sierra lost any of her 'My little ponys'. I just told her that everyone would have picked them up, if so.

Glad everyones ok!

Back