NC(4x4)DMV

Kickdeez

Has anyone done a title transfer in NC for a vehicle with a Florida title? Every title transfer I've ever done in NC has required a Public Notary to witness/sign the title at time of seller/buyer signature. NC titles have a place for a notary to include their information where the buyer and seller sign. It doesn't appear that Florida titles contain the same space for notarization. So do you have to get a Florida title notarized before submitting to NCDMV for a title transfer?

Edit: I've already emailed DMV and called/left a call back number to get an official answer. We all know how speedy NCDMV is though, so I thought I'd throw it out here too while I wait.

I just did this, except the truck I bought was from Georgia.

Georgia does not require a notary. I sign it, you sign it, and it's mine.

I took it to the license plate joint, they sent it off, and now I have an NC title in my name.

So...if Florida doesn't require it, then you're fine. You'd only need a notary stamp/signature if it was an existing NC title being transfered. đź‘Ś

I just did this, except the truck I bought was from Georgia.

Georgia does not require a notary. I sign it, you sign it, and it's mine.

I took it to the license plate joint, they sent it off, and now I have an NC title in my name.

So...if Florida doesn't require it, then you're fine. You'd only need a notary stamp/signature if it was an existing NC title being transfered. đź‘Ś
Boom! That's the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks man!

Brought several Mich title (no notary state) over the years. They weren’t from Mich but I just titled them there because of being active dooty and it was way cheaper and no taxes to transfer into Mich. and could do it all online. No issue. Bought the Toyota in Va and same with no issue. Took a NC title out of state and had to see a notary for the transfer out of state (although it was Louisiana which is also a money scalping (I mean notary state)).

Brought several Mich title (no notary state) over the years. They weren’t from Mich but I just titled them there because of being active dooty and it was way cheaper and no taxes to transfer into Mich. and could do it all online. No issue. Bought the Toyota in Va and same with no issue. Took a NC title out of state and had to see a notary for the transfer out of state (although it was Louisiana which is also a money scalping (I mean notary state)).
The last LA title I got hada place to notarize or be signed by 2 witnesses. Wouldn't you know I found two witnesses.

Back